tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

@aussiesareforever wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Thanks Dave. Your comments are helpful. I didn't burn Amex and I hadn't thought of a different airline card. I might give Venture a try in the next couple months. Once I summon up enough courage to apply for a new card Smiley Happy

Summon up courage? Youre a virtual lock for a Venture.

ItIt is a funny thing. The better my credit has gotten, the more reluctant I am to apply for credit. I'm less than thrilled about the experian inquiry for the Delta Amex card and I'm pondering the benefit of yet another inquiry (triple pull with Capital one) and the effects of a new account on my score. I know, trivial but I honestly don't need new credit. It would be nice to get more travel miles but I have to convince my self that it is actually worth it Smiley Happy

I got an offer today for double rewards on the Discover It for a whole year (2% on purchases and 10% on rotating categories). I thought about it and bit the bullet. I was approved for $5k and I am looking forward to my card arriving. I will stick to using the Discover (Sorry Capital One) until the BK falls off. I may then reconsider an AMEX at that time. 

Woooohoo! Congrats on the Discover approval Smiley Happy They have been sending me pre approved offers once a week lately!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 81 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they still say they can't over ride the system unless I entered information wrong which I did not.

They declined me due to the bankruptcy.

Message 82 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Thanks Dave. Your comments are helpful. I didn't burn Amex and I hadn't thought of a different airline card. I might give Venture a try in the next couple months. Once I summon up enough courage to apply for a new card Smiley Happy

ItIt is a funny thing. The better my credit has gotten, the more reluctant I am to apply for credit. I'm less than thrilled about the experian inquiry for the Delta Amex card and I'm pondering the benefit of yet another inquiry (triple pull with Capital one) and the effects of a new account on my score. I know, trivial but I honestly don't need new credit. It would be nice to get more travel miles but I have to convince my self that it is actually worth it Smiley Happy

I got an offer today for double rewards on the Discover It for a whole year (2% on purchases and 10% on rotating categories). I thought about it and bit the bullet. I was approved for $5k and I am looking forward to my card arriving. I will stick to using the Discover (Sorry Capital One) until the BK falls off. I may then reconsider an AMEX at that time. 

Woooohoo! Congrats on the Discover approval Smiley Happy They have been sending me pre approved offers once a week lately!

Scupra, I think I remember seeing on one of these threads that you were really wanting Discover.  Are you going to go for it?

Message 83 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got denied NFCU because of bankruptcy. Maybe because I am a new member. Should I wait about 60 days?

Message 84 of 1,427
starry1
Valued Contributor

BofA recently sent me unsolicited docs to apply for a secured with them, and that's about 2 years 3 months post discharge and they were IIB (not mine, my ex's but still on my report for some reason).  I do still have a small savings account with them that I never bothered to move to a new bank and a co-owned savings account for my 19yo from since he was a baby, so that may well be a factor.  When i called to asked questions, the CSR was really pushing it on me saying I didn't even have to put up any new cash since they could just use the savings accounts I already have there.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 85 of 1,427
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Scupra, I think I remember seeing on one of these threads that you were really wanting Discover.  Are you going to go for it?

That was indeed me haha! I am in the garden right now and trying to stay put Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 86 of 1,427
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got denied NFCU because of bankruptcy. Maybe because I am a new member. Should I wait about 60 days?

Try sending a secured message asking for recon and a little brown nosing.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 87 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

That was indeed me haha! I am in the garden right now and trying to stay put Smiley Happy

Yeah me too lol.  I got a letter from Discover today too, its just an invitation to apply not a pre-approval but it is nice to be getting mail from a prime lender.  Anyway guess I'll stay in the garden another day. Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 1,427
northface28
Established Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Still dont know how you weaseled your way in with Chase. Going to go for Discover?

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 89 of 1,427
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Yeah me too lol.  I got a letter from Discover today too, its just an invitation to apply not a pre-approval but it is nice to be getting mail from a prime lender.  Anyway guess I'll stay in the garden another day. Smiley Happy

My letter actually had an APR range on it, I hear this is a "better pre approval" chance. 

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 90 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.