tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

@somotao wrote:

@grassfeeder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@grassfeeder wrote:

I'm Im 4 years, 4 months post discharge and still get declined for any Chase products as well as Delta Amex.  It seems others have had luck, not sure what my issue is.  I did NOT included either in my BK.

both of these lenders auto-decline for a BK on your report - you HAVE to recon

As long as you've had a strong rebuild and can explain why you need the card, you should be able to get in

correct.  I've recon'd on both with denails.  $135k annual, self employed.  no debt but a mortgage.

I did reapply for the CSP earlier today and recon'd and went through a million questions with the lady - further than ever before.  At the end she said it will go through a second review and I should hear in 1-2 weeks.  Fingers crossed.

I sure hope it turns out favorably for you.....keep us posted. 

OK, so I called up and the automated phone line said I had been approved.  $5,000 CL with 23% interest which I don't care about as I pay in full.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 661 of 1,427
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations...that's fantastic news

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 662 of 1,427
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:
@luxeprw9 wrote:

My card was unsecured about 3 years ago and there was no fee required when I opened it, just the deposit of $500.  I haven't used this card since last year.  And I was denied a CLI in September 2016 - one month post CH13 discharge.

I called in today have it converted - I read about someone else doing the same so I took the chance, as it was not a hard or soft pull, per the representative.   Now whether or not this happens is questionable, as she said it may take 2-4 weeks and she had to send it to another department.  We also did not discuss any intro offers or spending bonuses.  This is a card that I have no real interest in right now.  But I thought if I switched products, maybe it would help facilitate a future increase.  But I don't lose sleep over this card at all!  LOL!  I'll keep you posted as to whether or not this conversion actually goes through or not.

Also, I am a Preferred Rewards Platinum account holder at BOA and all of my investments are at Merrill Lynch.  I have a long, significant relationship that has so far netted me no rewards as a credit card holder!  But I like them and have no issues with my banking and investment relationship.

Thanks for the info, I guess it's worth a call on Monday and see what they say about converting my card.

Any luck in converting your BOA card?  My card still has not converted. 

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 663 of 1,427
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Quick Question:  Does anyone have a CH13 still reporting and a credit score at or over 700?  Is that even possible?  I'm in my 7th month post discharge and my highest score is 672 EQ.  Thanks in advance for any guidance!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 664 of 1,427
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:
@luxeprw9 wrote:

My card was unsecured about 3 years ago and there was no fee required when I opened it, just the deposit of $500.  I haven't used this card since last year.  And I was denied a CLI in September 2016 - one month post CH13 discharge.

I called in today have it converted - I read about someone else doing the same so I took the chance, as it was not a hard or soft pull, per the representative.   Now whether or not this happens is questionable, as she said it may take 2-4 weeks and she had to send it to another department.  We also did not discuss any intro offers or spending bonuses.  This is a card that I have no real interest in right now.  But I thought if I switched products, maybe it would help facilitate a future increase.  But I don't lose sleep over this card at all!  LOL!  I'll keep you posted as to whether or not this conversion actually goes through or not.

Also, I am a Preferred Rewards Platinum account holder at BOA and all of my investments are at Merrill Lynch.  I have a long, significant relationship that has so far netted me no rewards as a credit card holder!  But I like them and have no issues with my banking and investment relationship.

Thanks for the info, I guess it's worth a call on Monday and see what they say about converting my card.

No. I lookrd up Backdoor number in the Credit Card Applications forum here. I called the # marked for Credit Analyst and got a recording that it a 'non working #:. So then I called a # marked 'Senior Credit Analyst', and he bushed me off pretty fast, telling me my card can't be converted and if I want rewards I need to app for the card & offered to transfer to someone who could take my app over the phone. I said No Thanks, if I want to apply I'll do it online. All my BK derogatory accounts fall off my credit report the next few months, so I'm not applying for anything new until after they're off my CR.

Message 665 of 1,427
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:
@luxeprw9 wrote:

No. I lookrd up Backdoor number in the Credit Card Applications forum here. I called the # marked for Credit Analyst and got a recording that it a 'non working #:. So then I called a # marked 'Senior Credit Analyst', and he bushed me off pretty fast, telling me my card can't be converted and if I want rewards I need to app for the card & offered to transfer to someone who could take my app over the phone. I said No Thanks, if I want to apply I'll do it online. All my BK derogatory accounts fall off my credit report the next few months, so I'm not applying for anything new until after they're off my CR.

I'm pretty skeptical about my card converting.  I'm not going to apply until late 2018, when my BK drops.  Until then, I'll just wait!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 666 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Quick Question:  Does anyone have a CH13 still reporting and a credit score at or over 700?  Is that even possible?  I'm in my 7th month post discharge and my highest score is 672 EQ.  Thanks in advance for any guidance!

My TU is 720 and my EX is 711. 

EQ is 692. 

Message 667 of 1,427
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

My TU is 720 and my EX is 711. 

EQ is 692. 

Do you mind sharing any tips on what got you there?  As to not clog up this thread, I made one asking that question.  If it's no hassle please reply there.  Thanks!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 668 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does YMMV mean?

Message 669 of 1,427
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Your mileage may vary = it isn't the same for everyone.

@Anonymous wrote:

What does YMMV mean?

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 670 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.