Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy Help

I have decided to file bankruptcy! Can anyone tell me how can I repair my credit after Will I get credit cards again ???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Help

@Anonymous wrote:
I have decided to file bankruptcy! Can anyone tell me how can I repair my credit after Will I get credit cards again ???

take a deep breath relax... read a few threads here and u will see there is a huge green light at the end of the tunnel with plenty of other credit cards and approvals.......Tons have been in teh same spot and have come out better in some cases....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you...
Message 3 of 6
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Read the stickies on this forum.  They should answer most of the questions you will have.

As far as rebuilding, I highly recommend you read through this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was very informative! But the majority of the cards that you have mentioned will go in my bankruptcy; Capital One , Discover ,Walmart Can I make an payment arrangement with one of my major credit it's and keep it out of my bankruptcy??
Message 5 of 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tilcym,

Yes you will be able to get credit again after your bankruptcy.  If you follow SoulMaster's plan to 700 in 24 months, you will back in business before you know it.

Six years after filing chapter 7, I have more than enough credit, 2 car loans, a personal loan, and nice line of credit. 

You will be fine. We all have been where you are.

Guyatthe beach

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.