brownmk84

Re: Bankruptcy and car re affirmation

Do all car companies send you a reaffirmation agreement to sign? I reaffirmed my car loan in my bankruptcy petition, but I never received anything to sign directly from my car finance company. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

Re: Bankruptcy and car re affirmation

brownmk84 wrote:

Do all car companies send you a reaffirmation agreement to sign? I reaffirmed my car loan in my bankruptcy petition, but I never received anything to sign directly from my car finance company. 

Yes, they send it to your attorney and both you and he sign it. Some attorney's won't sign it for their clients. Check with PACER to see if your vehicle loan has actually been reaffirmed. You will need to look up your case and download the file. Or, you can contact your attorney to get a copy of the reaffirmation you signed. You may not have a reaffirmation of your loan if you didn't sign anything. In that case, verify with your attorney that your loan is not reaffirmed.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}