2017 Wells Fargo LOC $3000
2017 WF Cash Rewards Card $3000
2017 Discover it $2,400
Current utilization 9%
0 collection
A few bruses still reporting IIB
Current fico: ex 652 tu 631 eq 657
Goal 700+ for ex, eq, tu

I know I waited forever to start building but I was terrified of making mistakes Anyway, when should I ditch credit one since it's my oldest card and how much will it affect my AAoa

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Should I apply for another card or wait six months? Please help

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy and closing oldest CC

My  opinion: Call Credit One and see if they'll waive the AF. If not, close it. Closed cards continue  to age.

As far as another card, if you're able to get a higher CLI than $3k, that would be great. I'd start getting concerned about the number of inquiries, however. 

Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would do the Discover prequal and see what your preapproved for. If it gives you a set apr, and NOT a range, its golden. Id also check capital one as well. I would bet you're prequalified for both them.

Ditch the credit one. Too many fee associated with it, you can do better now.

Also, noted to say....closing your oldest card will stay on your reports for 10 yrs post closing date positively. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thank you so much for your advice, I called Credit One today and they will not waive the AF so I'll be closing next week once I pay off the balance.

I don't think I'll apply for anything else at the moment and just do gardening.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I was approved for Discover last month I have a 3k CL.
I'll be closing Credit One this month.
I think I'll just garden with the Discover and Wells Fargo rewards for right now instead of adding another CC.

Thanks again
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.