Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy and rebuilding credit ~help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy and rebuilding credit ~help please

I filed chapter 7 in December2011 and was discharged just before the new year. I check my score on creditkarma and it's 688. I recently have been getting offers to rebuild credit since now i don't have any. So i decided to go ahead and apply for the pre-approved capital one mastercard. It has 0% apr until feb 2013 then up to 22% with no annual fee(which is good!!) I was quite surprised that my limit given was $3000. THat's great ! so a couple weeks later I tried for the am ex blue with the cash back rewards~looking back i probably shouldn't have~ i was denied... So how bad did that effect my credit score? Will applying  for another card change the limit i was given by my capital one card? Is the only reason i was denied the am ex was because i have a bankruptcy? Because a 688 is pretty good for just doing the bankr. 6 months ago. Is the creditkarma pretty accurate?

Thanks for any imput given Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy and rebuilding credit

Amex will NEVER approve you until your bk falls off in 10 years from your discharge.

Applying will not affect your $3000 credit card unless capital sees you're applying for 2 much credit.

Don't apply for more credit for at least the next 6 months.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bankruptcy and rebuilding credit

Locking this thread to direct readers to an identical thread here.

Please don'r post across multiple boards.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.