Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy and still on my CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy and still on my CR?

I filed bankruptcy last year and it was discharged in November. I attempted to reaffirm two auto loans but the court wouldn't let me. The bank is allowing me to keep the vehicles assuming the payments are made (they always have been). However, both still show up as open accounts on my TU report and they show the balances being what I still owe. Shouldn't it show as being discharged in the bankruptcy and the balance being $0? They also seem to be listed as being delinquent though neither of them show a missed or late payment.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Noneya
Valued Member

Re: Bankruptcy and still on my CR?

So the cars were included in your bankruptcy?  Or you are still paying the bank for them??  If you are still paying the bank for them, then they are still a debt and will still be reported.  Some creditors would rather work with you during bk to get their money, which sounds like your bank did. 

In my bk, I reafirred my vehicle and it remained on my credit as I continued making payments. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy and still on my CR?

Both loans were included in the bankruptcy. I could give back the cars and wash my hands of them at any time. However, I chose to keep them. As long as I continue to make the payments, the bank said they would not take them. I pulled a different CR a few months ago (experian, I think) and they were listed as $0 balance and discharged in bk.

So I don't know...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.