Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy deleted from Public Record

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy deleted from Public Record

Hello everyone and thanks for all the great information. I have a BK that was discharged July 2012. On January 30th 2013 I noticed that it was deleted from the Public Records section of my EQ file along with my car lein. All the accounts that were included in the BK are still all reporting properly "included in BK" but I'm wodering if anyone has ever heard of this happening? TU is reporting it correctly and it is still showing in the Public Records. I called EQ and asked them what is going on and they told me that they can still see both Public Records are have no idea why I wouldn't be able to. To date, I am still unable to see any Public Records on my EQ file and I'm wondering if I creditor would check me credit would they see the BK?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy deleted from Public Record

Did you pull your report from annualcreditreport.com? This is the best place to see the most accurate and detailed report. Now if you happen to be lucky enough to have your BK deleted early....why on earth would you call and rat yourself out?

Sit tight and do nothing! LOL

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually pulled it right from EQ. There were a bunch of accounts that did not properly update with the BK so I was disputing a bunch that were incorrect. Somewhere in the process, the Public Records were deleted. When I called EQ I definately wasn't trying to rat myself out. I tried asking questions to see if they could see the public records or if they were gone on their end as well. In the conversation she did state that she could see the public records.

Message 3 of 8
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Just for good measure, pull your free annual report and see. If its not there...do a happy dance

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually did it right after the BK. I can only do it once every 12 months

Message 5 of 8
jflora80

I had something of the opposite happen to me. I have been going through with a fine tooth comb and trying to peice together my broken credit lol. In 2008 i filed a BK13 and it was final in 2011. EQ and EX both showed the public record however TU showed no PR. After disputing something all of a sudden a few days ago the BK and most of the account from the BK's showed up on my TU account. As well as some other accounts that were paid in full. Kinda weird!!

Message 6 of 8
jackg
Established Contributor

To answer your 1st question--YES. It happened to me. I filed CH 7 in 2006 and in 2008 I noticed it had disappeared from EQ & it never returned. Your 2nd question can only be answered by EQ, a creditor or a potential creditor. Your best chance would happen if you apply for a car loan, the sales guys are pretty willing to give you a copy of the report they pull. It's happened to me.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats good to hear! I'm assuming that if a creditor was to pull my report they would still see that there was a BK because of the accounts that say "included in bankruptcy"?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.