Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy deleted with call to equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy deleted with call to equifax

Well Ive had a chapter 13 on my report since 2005. I was under the impression that it was to stay on your report for 10 years.  I called to get an early exclusion. Sept wil be the ten year mark.  The agent told me that it stays on your reprot for seven years and he processed my request and stated the bankruptcy will be removed within 30 days from my account yayyyyy. Score jump coming.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy deleted with call to equifax

I certainly am no expert on this subject but have been told that once your BK is removed you will be judged by a different set of criteria. In otherwords you will now be compared to others who do not have BK on their record. Have been told that some times scores go up and sometimes they go down, depending on how the rest of your credit hx looks. Keep us updated. Curious to know how this works for you. My BK is only 3 yrs old so I still have a long way to go.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that removal!

I watched my scores as my seven years were up in May of this year. The bankruptcy fell off in April. When that happened I began cleaning up what was left that needed correction in my reports. It resulted in an approximate 100 increase in my credit scores. Experian is still low because they have not yet removed everything they should have. I have a dispute filed with them to get them updated.

Check out my scores and credit line. This has happened for the most part in two and one half months. You can do it, too!!! I am so happy to see a fellow Chapter 13 forum member make the "new" start! Best of luck to you!

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 781; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 4; TU: 6; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 3 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I certainly am no expert on this subject but have been told that once your BK is removed you will be judged by a different set of criteria. In otherwords you will now be compared to others who do not have BK on their record. Have been told that some times scores go up and sometimes they go down, depending on how the rest of your credit hx looks. Keep us updated. Curious to know how this works for you. My BK is only 3 yrs old so I still have a long way to go.

youre correct...

once the major derog of a PR..(BK) falls off, y ou are then "rebucketed", and then graded again amongst the people who fit your current credit profile, and your scores will reflect that. YOu may or may not see a huge jump like you want, or you might...depends on how you are graded by FICO in your new rebucketSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks Pizza 1 . "Re-bucketed" is the exact word that slipped my mind.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully Im graded good. I mean The bankruptcy wasnt a huge affect for its almost ten years old and I have over 150,000 in credit on my own with it on there with 1% utl overall.  Now I see that a discharged chap 13 stays on for 7 years and a dismissed stays on for 10 years.. Well I shall se in 30 days or less how this score goes. right now im at 641eq 680tu 690ex the bankrupcty is only on the eq reports and not the other two.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

timeframe after processing for bankruptcy to fall off

I was informed that my bankrupcty will fall off within 30 days.  Is there anybody here who's fel off before 30 days and if so how long did it take

Message 7 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: timeframe after processing for bankruptcy to fall off

they say 30 days, but its usually like within a week, if not 48hrs.. but I wouldnt go apping until I had proof it was gone, and then pull your new scores here at ficoSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: timeframe after processing for bankruptcy to fall off

thanks @pizza but no apping for me until 2016. I have to many cards and alot of points to go on vacation with

Message 9 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully Im graded good. I mean The bankruptcy wasnt a huge affect for its almost ten years old and I have over 150,000 in credit on my own with it on there with 1% utl overall.  Now I see that a discharged chap 13 stays on for 7 years and a dismissed stays on for 10 years.. Well I shall se in 30 days or less how this score goes. right now im at 641eq 680tu 690ex the bankrupcty is only on the eq reports and not the other two.

Yes that is correct.

TU and EX have been known to delete dismissals at 7 years provided they were voluntary (and not for default) but EQ pretty much sticks to the 10 years.

You can also get early exclusion... 6 months for TU and 3 months for EQ/EX are the norm.  My discharged 13 is set for April 1st removal... so I'll be calling TU in Sept/Oct and EQ/EX in January.

Grats on your removal... I'm expecting a boost well into the 700's once mine fall off.  I'm 678/687/665 with the bankruptcy and IIB accounts still on all 3 reports.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.