cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy discharged yesterday, have a couple questions and need an auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy discharged yesterday, have a couple questions and need an auto loan

I was able to get a car pre-discharge. I filed BK7 on 10/03/14 and I just bought a car 12/4/14. I was financed for a GM Certified 2013 Chevy Cruze. Very surprised I was approved. I have an 18% interest rate. I needed a car immediately as my other car was surrendered in my BK7 and the car company was just granted a release from automatic stay. The car cost 13000 and I put a 1500 down payment. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy discharged yesterday, have a couple questions and need an auto loan

Well, I found out that the place I had my car financed through is still reporting to my credit, even after the bk. They continue to report it as delinquent... And nothing else on my report is correct. Looks like I'll be making a trip to my lawyers office on Monday, try to get this mess sorted out.
Message 12 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

You can start the process with online disputes for "this item was discharged through BK". That should clear a lot up quickly for you. Good luck

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hello sh3ll1017 and welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Inappropriate Content” link to ask the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.