Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy friendly credit cards

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy friendly credit cards

@Hampton08 wrote:

I donot know how you got approved for a chase card or a discover card with a BK still on your credit report.  When you apply on-line, one of the first questions they ask is if you have ever filed for BK.  This is an automatic denial.

Also I have NEVER, had a creditor call me at home to review my denied application or give it a second review, and then approve it over the phone and ask me if thats enough credit or do you need more, I mean come-on.

I have also never seen a credit score in the 700's with a BK on it.  If you were able to achieve these things I think that is wonderful.

When I applied for my Disco, it certainly did not ask if I had a BK reporting.  I wouldn't have applied for it if it had.

I don't think anyone is saying that a creditor will call you at home (unless you have your reports frozen/they need to verify), they're saying you can call and have a live person reconsider your application... the computers are sometimes wrong in denials.

Finally, I'll have a 700+ somewhere between 18 and 24 months after discharge... you can count on it.  I have 31points to go and still climbing.

For IronTek - When I applied/approved I was nearly done with a 1K credit builder loan, had my Orchard for 11 months and my C1 for exactly 6.  You might have pulled the trigger on the Disco a bit too soon.  Also, it NEVER hurts to call for a recon (on denial), the worst they can do is say "No" and you are exactly where you are.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 41 of 690
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hampton08 wrote:

I have also never seen a credit score in the 700's with a BK on it.  If you were able to achieve these things I think that is wonderful.

It's admittedly hard to have a 700+ FICO with a brand spanking new fresh BK, but my scores have been in the 700's for a few years with a CH 13 reporting.  My highest has been 741, and you can reportedly get up to 760 with a BK.  Just sayin' Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 690
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

The newest member of the 700 club has to chime in. I have a 713 TU FICO with an almost 4 year old Chapter 7 reporting. I think my EQ score is probably higher but I'm too cheap to pay for an updated score.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 43 of 690
arlibguy
Valued Member

I filed for BK in 6/2002 (almost at the 10 year mark!). My scores are in my siggy.

Starting Score: 10-2011 TU-08 FICO 725 (Walmart) / EQ FICO 683 (MyFICO)
Current Score: 10-2015 TU 780 / EQ 802 / EX 784 [Mortgage app]
Message 44 of 690
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arlibguy wrote:

I filed for BK in 6/2002 (almost at the 10 year mark!). My scores are in my siggy.

OOooohhhhh!  It's going to be fun to see what happens in a few months!  Please keep us posted!!

party-party-party Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 690
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@arlibguy wrote:

OOooohhhhh!  It's going to be fun to see what happens in a few months!  Please keep us posted!!

party-party-party Smiley Tongue

No kidding!  If history is any lesson, you'll skyrocket past your 750 goal and be in the low 8's (or high 7's)!  It looks like an overnight pop of +90 when BK's fall off. (empirical evidence from this board and others).

Good luck!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 46 of 690
arlibguy
Valued Member

Well I will keep my fingers crossed and everyone posted. I do have some 30 and 60 day baddies from 4 years ago, so I'm hoping to see a modest rise. At this point, I really hope my EQ gets over 700. I'm hoping to see a jump when my 8 inquiries on EQ turn a year old at the end of this month, then again when the BK falls off. Yes, 8 inq..ugh don't ask...

Starting Score: 10-2011 TU-08 FICO 725 (Walmart) / EQ FICO 683 (MyFICO)
Current Score: 10-2015 TU 780 / EQ 802 / EX 784 [Mortgage app]
Message 47 of 690
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

my scores are in my siggy.....bk 7..... 6/2005.....i have a collection coming off 12/12......2 IIB accounts off in may.......i dont want to wasge inq....anybody here of amex,citi or chase giving out CC whe all thats listed is a public record info of bk?????

Message 48 of 690
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

My BK from 7/02 falls off this summer. I apped for Citi Dividend Plat last week and was approved. No lates since BK. I also have A Discover, and AMEX. I got AMEX in 6/07. Account ( Green card) started out as my mom's, who passed away. When I called to cancel card, they asked if I wanted to apply to keep it (with her perfect history). They approved this, and since 2007, I have upgraded original Green to Gold PR, and also rec'd Delta Gold, Hilton Honors, and BCP. My scores are 703 EQ, 698 TU (My Fico), 743 TU (Walmart), and 733 EX ( from recent AMEX pull). I think the key is, keep Util low (I am currently at approx 6%), and DO NOT have any lat ex post BK.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 49 of 690
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Just adding my 2cents to soulmaster.

I'm 8 months out from Ch 7. My EQ Fico pulled here is 672. My TU Lender pull is 669. Without a doubt, 700 with is clearly within reach. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise folks! We are living proof!!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 50 of 690
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.