Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy issues..

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Bankruptcy issues..

I have been having some issues. I know some creditors don't report IIB until they recieve a letter of discharge. But, I am having issues with my old finance company. I have surrendered my vehicle and now they are reporting March 2012 as a CO and April 2012 60 days late. With an open account only on experian. Should I wait until I recieve my documentation from the court's for my discharge or when should I take action?

I don't want these lates on my CR after I am discharged. What is the best course of action. Also experian for some updated my federal school loan as IIB. I called the school loan provider and they said they have no information nor did they update that tradeline. Experian is being weird!

I have about 10 medical collections on my TU and EXP. After discharge if not labeled IIB should I dispute online?

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Wantgdcrd
Valued Member

Re: Bankruptcy issues..

I would wait a few months as it takes time.  Then I would check your report every 6mos.  Dispute the errors, see if the CRA will correct them.  I dispute mine every six months as some still show as CO instead of IIB as it should.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't dispute with the CRA's they are terrible and this can cause all sorts of problems.  Let the discharge come through.  Then obtain your full reports and make sure every account that was IIB is reporting as IIB with zero balance.  For the ones that aren't write them a letter or call them.  I had to write multiple letters to multiple creditors to get accounts to update properly.  I included my discharge paperwork and the original Notice of the Creditor's Meeting which clearly showed the filing date.  I included what account needed to be updated and exactly how it was currently reporting inaccurately and how it SHOULD now be reporting.  Always start with the OC's and CA's.  Save your disputes until you absolutely need them.  In my letters I also threw in good will requests for removal of the account altogther.  This worked for a few but not all. 

Message 3 of 4
Comet21
Regular Contributor

It is up to the creditor, but the damage has already been done so don't be afraid to call your creditors. I did not have any problems for the most part with my creditors reporting IIB. I received my discharge in April 2012 after filing in January 2012 and most of my account were reporting correctly before then, and the ones that were not I disputed. It is going to be crazy for a while because my wife and I was listed on the same COurt Order but I was able to get it removed from my report because it was IIB but my wife has not been successful. Our biggest problem is getting creditors to report correctly with accounts that were not included in BK and showing up as IIB.

I am about to start writing letters. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.