cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy on credit reports and ALL the accounts that are included!!!

tag
iwillacheive

Bankruptcy on credit reports and ALL the accounts that are included!!!

Good morning!!!  I have been working on building my credit.  I filed BK7 in October of 2007.  It included several cc's.  When I look at my credit report...yes, the BK is there as public record, however the reports list ALL the cc accounts and next to them all say 'included in BK'.  Isn't the public record of BK enough on my reports?  Is it right that all the accounts are listed as well and is this listing an additional detrimental effect?  Can they be removed and if so would it make a difference in my score?  Thanks in advance for your help!!

FICO Equifax: 7/2012-629 8/2012-636 9/2012-659
FICO TransUnion: 7/2012-618 8/2012-618 9/2012-633
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bankruptcy on credit reports and ALL the accounts that are included!!!

Wow! You have an 800 credit score and you are worried about the iib notation!!??  I wish I had an 800 score after my BK. Can you tell us how you did it?

Now to answer your specific question: Yes, they are supposed to report the accounts that were included in your BK as "included in BK" with a zero balance. Once you have passed the 7 yr 180 day mark, those tradelines will drop off. The public record will stay for 10 years on your cr report for a Ch 7 and 7 yrs for a Ch 13.

Message 2 of 3
iwillacheive

Re: Bankruptcy on credit reports and ALL the accounts that are included!!!

oh my!!  no no no!!  I only wish my score was that high!!!  I screwed up the signature when I was initially fixing it for the score challenge!  Haven't been able to find time to figure out how to fix it.

Currently my FICO scores are TU - 618 and EQ - 636,   I feel that the BK is really causing serious damage.

Thank you so much for your quick response and your information!   (I will try to fix that signature now)! 

FICO Equifax: 7/2012-629 8/2012-636 9/2012-659
FICO TransUnion: 7/2012-618 8/2012-618 9/2012-633
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.