Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy questions

I think my Ch 7 will be discharged this week. I’ve done all of the Pre-Qualifications and no one approved me. What am I doing wrong?
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy questions

It may be too early. But for anyone to be able to help you, can you list more information?

Pull your FICO scores and reports if possible. 

List all accounts and be sure to note which ones should have been included in bankruptcy (IIB). They probably will not be indicated as such yet since you have not yet received your discharge.

Knowing which accounts you burned (IIB) and what your FICO 8s are will help us know how to direct you. 

People frequently recommend the $1 Creditchecktotal trial for this purpose, but if you will be rebuilding and know you want to monitor your FICO scores for some time, you may just want to find a score monitoring tool you like and commit to paying for it for a year or so ($10-30/mo). IMHO

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, congrats on making it to discharge and welcome to the forums!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be patient! Time is your best friend.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait a few days then do the trial? Or join now. Thanks so much. I have Credit Karma and the Credit Wise tool from Capital 1. Thank you 🤗
Message 5 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

When you saw you've done "all" the prequals and noone will approve you....who exactly are you doing them with?

Also, before you start to even apply, dont apply for cards that won't approve you right now like Chase, Amex, Citi,.

Gets your reports cleaned up as best they can first ($0 bal/IIB), and your BK needs to say DC'ed before Id apply to anyone.

Check with us here first before you decide to apply to a certain lender and we can tell you what your chances would be given past history, scores etc...

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I wait a few days then do the trial? Or join now. Thanks so much. I have Credit Karma and the Credit Wise tool from Capital 1. Thank you 🤗

Don't do anything until your BK shows discharged on your reports

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and it says discharged. I was just confused because I haven’t applied to anything yet I was wondering how some are getting prequalified with Capital One right away. I did the Pre-Qualification in Cap 1 and no offers were found. I didn’t burn them in BK either. Just wondering how long will it take after D/C?
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again it would help to know your FICO scores... and what's on your report.

CreditKarma/CreditSesame/CreditWise are all VantageScores, which aren't used by (m)any lenders. 

You can pull CCT. You will just have to call to cancel it within the stated time period if you don't want to be billed beyond the $1.

alternately, for reports only:

You can get your EQ and TU reports free from CreditKarma. The scores are Vantage, not FICO, so ignore them, but the reports are accurate.

You can get your EX report from EX directly, here. Does not include your FICO score. https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/free-credit-report.html Note that the free EX report is only every 30 days.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooooo my scores are as follows:
TU: 541
EQ: 547
EX: 571
I am in pretty bad shape I see. That credit karma score had me thinking I was better than I thought I actually am bummer
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.