Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy questions

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are right out of bankruptcy. I can almost guarantee all your accounts are not reporting correctly. It is very important to get your accounts to show "Included in bankruptcy". Then begin your credit building journey. CapitalOne will probably be your best friend soon because you did not burn them. Alot of people don't like Credit One because they have so preditory fees but if no one else will prequalify you then they may be your best bet outside of getting a secured card. Just remember Credit One is a starter card and you want to make sure you cancel them at your year anniversary with them so you don't get hit with the Annual fee. Good Luck and congratulation's on taking a step towards a better financial future.

Bankruptcy discharge 7/17 scores in high 400's

Current Fico8 Scores- Equifax 652, Experian 650, Transunion 620

Message 21 of 27
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I thought filing BK would get you off checxsystems?

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 27
Scupra
Super Contributor

@MyLoFico17 wrote:

I thought filing BK would get you off checxsystems?

I think you need to submit BK paperwork to chex and have them clear it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 23 of 27
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

You're absolutely right , Scupra. To the OP, when I filed I specifically asked the trustee to send an official BK letter to Chex and they complied and the entry was removed almost instantly .

If you filed with a lawyer, you could ask him/her to send a letter. Otherwise just send your discharge paperwork to Chex, they're legally obligated to comply within 30 days.
Coming Soon
Message 24 of 27
BamBam2000
Contributor

That is exactly what I did. They then removed me from the system and I was able to open my self lender account which reports monthly to al three CB's.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like other posters stated, you need to make sure your credit report reflects included in BK on all your tradelines. I started my journey on 01/2015. I subscribed experian credit tracker since they allow you order all 3 credit report free of charge. Quick Tip - Order the $1 seven day trial and call them to cancel it. They will tell you that they will give you 50% off for 1 year. You will only pay $12.49 a month for unlimited access. Well worth it in my opinion. Once you dispute any errors and the report is all cleaned up. Apply at capital one and Discover secured credit card. You will be on your way to good credit in about 24 months. Also become an authorized user of a family member to transfer their good credit. Good Luck!

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked my attorney to include Chex systems in Ch7 bk, about 2 weeks after the 341mtg I applied for checking accounts for both Capital 1 and Chase (neither one was on chexsytems) and was approved for checking accounts. I’m due for discharge on 4/9/18. I checked with Capital 1 to see what if anything o was prequalified for and it came up with Cap 1 secured card with $200 limit with $99 secure deposit. I’m going to wait a couple months and check again to see what I’m qualified for.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.