cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy was Removed From Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

tag
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

Bankruptcy was Removed From Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

After two years, a Chapter 13 was removed from two credit reports via a paid service. After it is removed from the third report, albeit several years earlier than normal, will it turn up on credit checks when applying for loans or apartments from some additional source?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy was Removed From all Three Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

Not sure about the answer to this. But can you please give me the info for the paid service you used to remove the BK early?

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy was Removed From all Three Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

I'm with Songburd18.
Message 3 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@OneBrokeMan wrote:

After two years, a Chapter 13 was removed from two credit reports via a paid service. After it is removed from the third report, albeit several years earlier than normal, will it turn up on credit checks when applying for loans or apartments from some additional source?

Check to see if LexisNexis is reporting it. That is the most commonly used 3rd party. The BK will always have the potential of coming back to your reports though.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 42
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

I am new to the forum and unsure about what is allowed here. The service I use is Lex....... Law. I am paying $99 month. About four months into it bad stuff started falling off like melting ice. Due to the BR I had a lot of items that were rolled up into it come off my reports such as Home Depot, JC Penney, VISA, etc.. A year or so later the BR itself was removed. I am waiting for removal from the third report. My FICO score is steller on one report at 758 (up from 515). The other two are in the low 600s and climbing. Would have gone quicker if I was more proactive with the Lex..... Law online tools. I am finally starting to use them.

As my scores improved I was granted a Chevron card, a CapitalOne card, and a CreditOne card. I use them at the grocery store and pay them off the next day or two. Then I took out an $8000, 36 month personal loan early this year and left it in the bank. I am on track to pay it off in seven months. Really important to write "APPLY TO PRINCIPAL ONLY" on the extra payments. When My other to scores hit the 700 mark I'll request balance increases. Balnce increase should improve the FICO scores even more. I have become so accustomed to cash only I have zero desire to use credit for anything accept possibly another home purchase someday.

Its an expensive process but worth it IMHO. If you use them do better at communicating wih their paralegals than I did. Also, put their online tools to use. Also, open a 3 Bureau Credit report account to upload them to their website periodically AND give them the sign-in information so they can pull the reports as well when they need to.

Hope this helps.

Also, thank you all for your responses thus far.

Message 5 of 42
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

@Scupra wrote:

Check to see if LexisNexis is reporting it. That is the most commonly used 3rd party. The BK will always have the potential of coming back to your reports though.

Thanks Scupra. I'll look into LexisNexis as you suggested.

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless I've missed something the last few months since I joined up, this is the first instance I've heard of a bankruptcy actually being removed so soon via the agencies of a credit-repair service. Actually, I thought validly filed and discharged bankruptcies couldn't be removed until they expired from one's credit reports, period.

Message 7 of 42
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

As stated ear;

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless I've missed something the last few months since I joined up, this is the first instance I've heard of a bankruptcy actually being removed so soon via the agencies of a credit-repair service. Actually, I thought validly filed and discharged bankruptcies couldn't be removed until they expired from one's credit reports, period.

Good point(s). As stated earlier, so far it is still on one report so it has not been completely removed. Also, I selected the Premium service package at $99/month, which appears to make a difference because attorneys directly intervene on my behalf versus less expensiev services. WHen I signed up I had the option of purchasing three different packages. I chose the most expensive at the time from that compnay of $99/month. Currently, the lower cost pacakages may no longer be available. Additionally, they now offer an even more costly package at $119 month, but I do not need the additional services that come with the $20/month increase.

In this respect, you get what you pay for. I suspect many people needing credit repair may not have the ability to spare $99/month and choose a service that fits in their budget. I learned years ago that I actually save money by paying for premium goods and services. For instance, I insatlled HAWKS high performance ceramic brake pads on my car. By doing so I do not need to wash my car as often because the wheels remain clean due to no brake dust. Also, the pads last twice as long as regular pads, which my cost of replaceing the pads and rotors by 50% as long as I own the car. So it was actually much cheaper to install a more costly product.

By purchasing the premium credit repiar service, my interest rates have decreased and if I purchase a vehicle or take a loan, my paymenst will be lower, which means the cost of the service pays for itself and more in the long run.

I suggest budgeting for a six to eight month period of spending $99/month for the premium service. By doing so you are actually having an attorney intervene on your behalf with creditors (if I am not mistaken), if the typical approach fails to yield results.

I am not a pro in this area by any means. I just learned last week via MyFICO (and other sources) that credit scores are not the same as FICO scores. I also just learned via MyFICO that we have multiple FICO scores based on what you are applying for.

I'm just sharing my perception based on my unique experience.

I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

Different strokes for different folks obviously. I just want to point out that there is nothing "special" Lexington Law can do that you can't do personally. There is plenty of information here on the boards Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

Different strokes for different folks obviously. I just want to point out that there is nothing "special" Lexington Law can do that you can't do personally. There is plenty of information here on the boards Smiley Very Happy

I'll have to start looking for that then...I literally had no idea until now that removing a validly filed/discharged BK from a credit report ahead of its 10- or 7-year expiration date was even possible.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.