cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy what is the next step in securing a credit line?

tag
sam650

Bankruptcy what is the next step in securing a credit line?

I have for many years supported my parents with money for DR,s Medication,food what ever their needs were,I had no one else to turn to. My father pasted away @the end of

2011 and now I have gone through bankruptcy successfully and want to re-establish my credit.I have tried but  I get turned down,my fico is fair.

Does having a co-signer help in getting a car loan? I would appreciate any suggestions.This is a little late in life to be doing this but I would not have done anything different

in order to help my sick & aging parents.

Thank you so much..I am pretty lost right now!

sandra k deQuant
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy what is the next step in securing a credit line?

This is a chance for you to start your Financial Life over. This is not the end it is only the beginning. There are plenty of BK friendly creditors. Start looking at Capital 1, Orchard Bank, Credit 1, 1st Premier. All of these have annual fees but they are a great way to establish credit again. As for an auto loan, you should start receiving offers in the mail if you have not already started to for car loans. My wife gets them all the time because the saw that we filed for BK. Now the interest rate will probably be through the roof, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Just don't allow yourself to accumulate more debt than you can handle again.

There are plenty of us that can share experiences so do not feel like you arein this alone. 

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
sam650

Re: Bankruptcy what is the next step in securing a credit line?

Thank you for the encouragement,I applied for a credit card so we will see what happens. I do get all these mailers from car dealerships,I have always driven a new car & I have never missed a payment with Lexus or any one else's know this is suppose to be the easiest way to start getting your credit card score up.Right now I am driving a 2004 Ford Focus to save money,but LOL Uncle Sam just took everything that I was saving.

I am single,make good money,no right offs no house,no kids so almost 1/2 my salary goes to taxes,I can't figure out how the bracket is punished so much for working hard everyday & they give you no chance to save & buy a small home.

I took care of my parents because they had no one to help them & they worked so hard for me as a child I could only replace the kindness.what is wrong with our Health Care!

I just don't really know what to do,I just know I do not want to go on this way,I want to build my credit but when they see Bankruptcy it means one thing,& I struggled for a couple of years through dept management which just made everything worsre,I would never recommend anyone going that route.

If the banks would listen to you on a human level but I quess I am dreaming..Thanks for being there for me to have someone understands means alot!

sandra k deQuant
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.