Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy

currently have ~55k in debt (17k cc - BofA, Citi and Amex; the rest on separate personal loans from SoFi (34k) and Springleaf (3k)) Also owe a car (14k which I intend to keep and im current on payments (2 of 6 years paid)) I make 54k a year (gross) but I qualify through means test.
How bad is my situation? I'm filling with no assets. A couple of dollars in savings and checking on average but gets used up for payments/bills. I just live to pay debt and interest as I lost a lot of money trying to invest in the stock market successfully. Thanks, anything helps.
$1300 rent $283 car loan $100 car insurance $120 water electric trash, $150 between cellphone & internet $200 food (I cook most of my meals, training diet) $1300ish monthly on all these debts Been in the cash advance cycle for months and paying hundreds of dollars a month on overdraft fees. $250 gas + misc
Im wondering how likely it is that I get a discharge.
Since I am saving up for the filling and im already in paying the lawyers, I stopped making payments (except car payment) so this will also allow to me to have about 1000$ cash saved right before filing. What do I do with that extra money?

Florida
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:
currently have ~55k in debt (17k cc - BofA, Citi and Amex; the rest on separate personal loans from SoFi (34k) and Springleaf (3k)) Also owe a car (14k which I intend to keep and im current on payments (2 of 6 years paid)) I make 54k a year (gross) but I qualify through means test.
How bad is my situation? I'm filling with no assets. A couple of dollars in savings and checking on average but gets used up for payments/bills. I just live to pay debt and interest as I lost a lot of money trying to invest in the stock market successfully. Thanks, anything helps.
$1300 rent $283 car loan $100 car insurance $120 water electric trash, $150 between cellphone & internet $200 food (I cook most of my meals, training diet) $1300ish monthly on all these debts Been in the cash advance cycle for months and paying hundreds of dollars a month on overdraft fees. $250 gas + misc
Im wondering how likely it is that I get a discharge.
Since I am saving up for the filling and im already in paying the lawyers, I stopped making payments (except car payment) so this will also allow to me to have about 1000$ cash saved right before filing. What do I do with that extra money?

Florida

OP, not sure but you have two threads open on this exact same thing.  That is against the forum rules and confusing.  You might want to ask a mod to delete this one and bump up your other one.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.