Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptsy still listed - Chap 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptsy still listed - Chap 13

My husband and I filed bakruptcy in 7/2003.  I figured 8/2010 it would be removed.  It is still listed so I went online to the experian website and filled out the form to invesigate.  Got a letter back the other day saying it was valid and will remain on the report.  Do I need to give them more time to remove it, dispute it again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bankruptsy still listed - Chap 13

Was it Dismissed or Discharged?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian reports CH 13 for 7 years whether dismissed or discharged, based on info on their website and my own experience.  TU does the same.

You're sure you're not thinking about Equifax?  They report dismissed for 10 years, discharged for  7 years.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian reports CH 13 for 7 years whether dismissed or discharged, based on info on their website and my own experience.  TU does the same.

You're sure you're not thinking about Equifax?  They report dismissed for 10 years, discharged for  7 years.

I wanted to pull this back up (Maybe my post somewhere too but I found this first!)

I have a pending dispute for my ch 13 on equifax which is gone off both EX and TU...I don't have faith it will come off and I have spoken with 2 supervisors all the way to the US and then I even started emailing with an escalation department and she answered me originally that Chapter 7 remains for 10 years.

Which I replied that's great, I have a chapter 13, so please delete it.

she responded back that I have a dispute and they will not do anything else.

I asked why her and Equifax were taken a stance that is not within the bankruptcy laws instead of protecting the consumer as the credit reporting agencies were designed for.

She promptly stopped resonding to me... So didn't Equifax just pay out a 8+ Million dollar settlement for going against the consumer and refusing to fix reports, Why does the whole company seem to be against all things consumer?

I SO disliked my original BK attorney's (office) because it was next to impossible to ever actually talk to my attorney (3 times including our first meeting, and court) all other times through staff that seem about as smart as the collection agencies so I feel like that will be a path of frustration worse then Equifax and cost me money to accomplish nothing... What is my next step?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.