cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks I want to get back in with in the future, how long and how good are the odds?

tag
AkiraTakamedo
Valued Member

Banks I want to get back in with in the future, how long and how good are the odds?

Hey all, this is more of a general question, maybe with a little personal experience thrown in. I have a brand new bankruptcy discharged back in I believe June. I have a QS1 with a $1000 limit that I've been paying in full every couple of weeks or whenever the money is available to throw at it (statements have been reporting balances of around $130 to show use, though).

Eventually I want to get back in with Chase, AMEX, Discover, and possibly Citi. Chase and AMEX were totally paid in full and closed voluntarily by me before my filing took effect, basically I filed and then a few hours later I closed them myself with $0 balances. Citi I burned for around $4000, Discover for I think around $5000. There were others like BofA, Barclaycard, where I burned for a lot more but I'm not looking to get back with them right now. Shame because Discover is a good card and I know they're bankruptcy friendly.

Also for whatever reason, I have been blacklisted from Chase Bank and cannot open any bank accounts with them. This happened before the bankruptcy, and they basically hate my fiance due to a vendetta by some personal banker on a power trip, a really long story, and closed her account and everyone associated with her. They were going to get my business for life too, but sucks for them. Is this going to effect my chances at a Chase credit card?

So from some of your personal experiences, how long and what are my odds for those four banks?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Banks I want to get back in with in the future, how long and how good are the odds?

AMEX will require 5 years

Chase, possibly 2-3 years ish.. Maybe longer

Citi, they have a long memory. I would let it be

Discover, could be 1 year could be 20 lol They are hard to figure out

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 7
AkiraTakamedo
Valued Member

Re: Banks I want to get back in with in the future, how long and how good are the odds?

What about TD? I've never had them for anything before. Can't seem to find any info on their bankruptcy friendliness.

Message 3 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Have seen very little about them as well. For some reason I want to say they aren't. Maybe someone will chime in Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 7
AkiraTakamedo
Valued Member

Yeah, I wonder why that is. The TD Cash card is appealing to me a bit, convenient and seemingly consumer friendly bank, and the big thing for me is Samsung Pay which Capital One just doesn't want to do. I'd love if someone can estimate bankruptcy friendliness with TD.

Message 5 of 7
SSH0126
Established Contributor

There is a long credit card thread that I read though. I would take the time to read through it. The answer is there. 

Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

@SSH0126 wrote:

There is a long credit card thread that I read though. I would take the time to read through it. The answer is there. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Maybe that Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.