Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Were you able to obtain a Barclay CC right after being discharged from BK? If not, how long before approved? Which card from Barclay? Thanks for the info.

Discharged Chapter 7 in September 2015. Applied last week for the Barclay Rewards card and was approved.    

Message 11 of 19
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Approved for 3k 11 months after Disch.  I did'nt try earlier but I was nervous even at 11 months. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, discharged in September applied for Barclay November 2014.

Did you have a Barclay card before BK?  Did you burn them.  I had one before my BK but did not burn them.   I was hoping to apply 6 months post BK D/C.  I'm wondering if I should do it now. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabelas club visa is not just a store card it's an actual visa used everywhere you like .
Message 14 of 19
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Joortiz3 wrote:
Cabelas club visa is not just a store card it's an actual visa used everywhere you like .

Yes, but the rewards are lacking unless you do a ton of 2% shopping at Cabelas. The 1.5% straight CB from Capital One would net better rewards in most instances.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Didn't burn anyone but BOA bad. My pic is on everyone's cubicle. American Express 4 months afterwards. Had since January 2015 and was told to never ask for a credit limit increase until the BK is off my report.
Message 16 of 19
holmesnmanny
Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@holmesnmanny wrote:

Yeah, same here, I'm so done with Barclay's. I took your advice and applied for Cabela's visa and instant approval 6 months post BK7 . Waiting on card now. Not sure credit limit yet. This is my first unsecured Visa. 

I'm in california and world bank pulled EQ

Barclay's had the audacity to say "too many applications". Eff em 

$500 secured SDFCU

$600 secured FNB

7 Comenity store cards reporting since November averaging 500 limit

$500 Progresso/Opportun loan 6 month loan

$150 month $5000 Santander auto loan reporting since November

618 EQ

640 EX

640 TU

I just wanted to point out for others that 7 apps in around 4 months is considered "too many applications" for Barclay. They are known to not like new accounts, let alone 7 Smiley Happy Glad you got the Cabella's Visa, have you tried Cap1 to get a unsecured card that isn't a store card?

I don't have the denial letter since I tore it up and threw it away but I believe it was worded to the extent that I had applied with Barclays too much. I was applying about once a month for the last three months but now I'm not too sure. 

I burned Cap1 for a quicksilver and classic for $750 and $500 respectively and they don't appear willing to let me in until my one year is up. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one is another that is ON my BLACKLIST!!!! That's right I can. Have one too! I will be throwing away there pre approve
Letter when ever they send them. Cause I now they'll be coming .... I don't need them.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy Neighbor! (LOL)...

Yes, to my surprise I got it approved 3 months post discharge for $1,500 SL on Barclay Rewards MasterCard! (I never burned any of their products if that helps?)

OTOH, I still CAN'T get in Capital One since I burned them for measly $300

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.