Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay offer in mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay offer in mail

I was gardening for 9 months before getting the Barclay offer and going on a mini app spree (Barclay, BCU, Amazon). I'll be canceling Credit One now. One year from discharge will be in a couple weeks for me. I think I'll garden these and reconsider what to app next winter/spring. I have no desire for more cards, but I would like to have a prime card again someday.

Message 21 of 23
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Taoron (like Tauren?), is there any reason to keep trying to get off the Capital One blacklist now that I have three other cards to mature?
I had wanted a rewards Visa and MC. I have both now plus Amazon for the 5% store rewards. When I had it before, I had gotten Capital One before the BK it had been for the lower foreign exchange rate before an overseas trip. Won't be traveling again anytime soon.
I was gardening for 9 months before getting the Barclay offer and going on a mini app spree (Barclay, BCU, Amazon). I'll be canceling Credit One now. One year from discharge will be in a couple weeks for me. I think I'll garden these and reconsider what to app next winter/spring. I have no desire for more cards, but I would like to have a prime card again someday.

Yeah, Tao-ron.  (t+ow ron) It's a fake name but I love my fake name.  You probably won't get off their internal list until 1 year post-filing date.   I was keeping an eye on pre-qual from the time I was discharged until April of last year I was on their list.. then in May, I hit up the prequal site and it said I was pre-approved for Venture and QS! Smiley Happy

LOL something to remember when you do get prequal'd is that a lot of times you can get a Quiksilver & a Venture card in the same pulls!  Smiley Happy

Some people haven't mentioned this.. but It triggers a fraud flag though, and they make you go through verification about your identity.. ie you call and they ask you questions (multiple choice) and stuff. 

Message 22 of 23
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It didn't work, but the analyst was very pleasant. I'm still happy.

Congrats on your approval.  Use the card responsibly and Barclays is pretty good with CLIs (auto luv) at 6-9 months. If nothing you may call in and ask for APR reduction and at the same time see if there are any offers on the account for SP CLIs.  Do not use the CLI button online as this will be HP in general.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.