Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Pre-Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's Pre-Approval

Thank You. I was amazed how fast it was. If they only pull TU that would explain it. I kind of held my breath through it.. Just happy I was approved,.. 

Message 21 of 25
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to the Barclays Rewards website this am. before I read this thread. I did not go through the pre-approval stages.  Applied and within 2 minutes came back with approval for 500.00. I can't imagine that was a hard pull because it was so quick. No much CL, but I will take it for sure. This is now my third card and I am done for a while. To the garden I go.

I carried a balance with them a couple times, to throw them a bone (interest $$) and they raised CL in 5 months. I started at $1500k CL, in a little over 2 years & I'm up to $5700 CL.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advise Dave. I was just researching this. I now have the three cards, so I can work with this plan. I see some say pay all cards in full each month, others say leave one with small balance etc. Got a little confused on which way to go, but I can see this worked for you. I dont plan on putting anymore than 10% on any of the cards.

Message 23 of 25
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I think Redsox said it best - don't go crazy micro managing your score every month, just be diligent & prudent and your score will follow. If you go to 20-25% utilization and your score dips a few points that month it's no biggie, just be sure to have everything under 10%, as small a balance as possible, for a month or 2 before applying for any new credit.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I was just re-reading that post. On my way with the plan and in the garden.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.