Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Blacklist

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Barclays Blacklist

Just wondering if anyone has any insight on Barclays letting you back in after you included them in BK7?  I've seen in the forums people IIB and 1 year post they get approved.

I'm now 2.1 years post BK7 and I included Barclays for $1189, tried to apply for one of their travel cards last month and I'm BL (not HP on any report).  I didn't try to recon something they didn't deny- any thoughts?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Blacklist

I'd like to know this too, anyone?

@gsully00 wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has any insight on Barclays letting you back in after you included them in BK7?  I've seen in the forums people IIB and 1 year post they get approved.

I'm now 2.1 years post BK7 and I included Barclays for $1189, tried to apply for one of their travel cards last month and I'm BL (not HP on any report).  I didn't try to recon something they didn't deny- any thoughts?

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I didn't include them in my bankruptcy, but they did give me the Apple Visa about a year after my bankruptcy.

I'm very interested to see if anyone that iib was able to get back in with Barclays.

Message 3 of 11
NC84
Regular Contributor

I hate Barclay. I got the cash rewards and rewards card but now they denied me 3x for the NFL card that I really really want. The reconsideration rep told me all I needed was so more activity so that's exactly what I did and still denied 6 months later.

Message 4 of 11
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Yeah.  I had a $5150 credit limit on one card, I used it to buy a few things for Christmas and then paid it off right away.  They deciced to then lower my CL from $5150 to $1200.   I wanted to cancel the card right away, but that would just do more harm.  They are crappy.

Message 5 of 11
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I included in my bk7(two cards) tried at 6 month post discharge and they didn't even pull my reports, so I'm in their blacklist as well.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burned them for about $5500 with my BK7, wondering the same thing. Hoping to get back with them sometime...

Message 7 of 11
Scupra
Super Contributor

YMMV but Barclay seems to like about 1 year of revolving history to review after you burn them. I would say to be prepared to recon

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if they were IIB in a CH13? Does that make a difference?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add to the last post ... I paid back the full balance, just no interest.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.