Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Card Policy on IIB

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Card Policy on IIB

@Strepthroat wrote:

Opensource777 both my Barclay cards are still active and reports show open (perhaps not updated yet since discharge was just on August 20). I'll use the card today to see what happens but as far as I see, so far both of my cards are still open.  

I think the periodically check public BK records. My Cap1 card that was closed because of my BK actually still says "open pays as agreed" on my reports. Good luck though!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 15
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Used the BN Mastercard for gas tonight; didn't realize I haven't used since June 2012.  Will advise if there is any AA from use.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little update. First, I just want to say my attorney had a different way of thinking I suppose. In that, he said we only needed to include creditors with a balance. I knew I was taking a chance of paying this off in hopes of it going under the radar to try and have it survive. My issue is that I paid off this card and had to list that I paid this creditor within a certain amount of time. I figured there was a good chance they'd close it once they got wind of the filing. My attorney said they can of course shut down the card but they can't report it as included since it was not. 

Apparently Barclays' system is pretty black and white, which they admitted they're trying to fix. They mark accounts as IIB as soon as they find out about the filing. BUT if you have a zero balance and/or the account was closed with a zero balance, they need to manually go in and correct it so it doesn't report as IIB. As of right now, they had me down as such, plus a delinquincy which was never the case. They're fixing it all and will just show it was closed by grantor. If you go to the BBB site for them, they'll list the contact emails for their 'office of the president'. I was pretty impressed with the person I've been dealing with. And I asked them to remove me off any blacklist if they had one so I can do business with them again lol Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 15
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

glad they were able to fix it for you.
Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 14 of 15
twanswife916
Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Same thing happened to me and the card company closed all my cards even though not all were included.

^^^This is a common misconception.  ALL ACCOUNTS ARE INCLUDED when you file Bk. You can't pick and choose which accounts to list or not list in your Bk.

I kept both my FPB card throught out my BK7. They both had 0 balance

BK7 Discharge 7/2014
BK13 Filed 06/2019 Gardening til 2023 Fico 8 Aug'22 EQ: 568 EX: 608 TU: 567 Goal: 680 AAOA: 42mo INQ: 9
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.