Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Card?

tag
redneck18
Contributor

Barclays Card?

I am 6 months post discharge, I have two cap one cards, one is reporting about 24% utilization at the moment. Mortgage repayment history survived the BK, still reporting solid repayment history. Current Ficos Ex 631, TU 606, EQ 637. Any chance Barclays will approve? If not do you have suggestions on another card? I will set up NFCU secured next month just to get my foot in the door with them. I appreciate your input.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Card?

Have you considered Discover?

Message 2 of 8
redneck18
Contributor

I keep checking discovers prequal but never get anything but the big range of interest rates. Any idea who they pull? My EQ is the cleanest report I have.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redneck18 wrote:
I keep checking discovers prequal but never get anything but the big range of interest rates. Any idea who they pull? My EQ is the cleanest report I have.

If I remember correctly...they pulled EQ for approval and TU for increases....someone correct me if I am wrong...

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ That was my experience too, Discover pulled EQ (and my EX actually) when applying and then they provide your TU score as an account benefit and use that for considering increases.  I LOVE my Discover.  

Did you burn Barclay's?  I did and they won't let me back in... YMMV. It's probably worth a shot either way, since if you're blacklisted it won't be a hard pull anyway.  If it were me, I'd try to get my util below 10% before trying, regardless of which one you shoot for.    

Message 5 of 8
redneck18
Contributor

Didn't burn Barclays. Cap one was the only one truly burned but that was 7 years ago. Unfortunate events led to the bk, wasn't even really credit related.
Message 6 of 8
redneck18
Contributor

Barclays still doesn't like me, recon lady (super nice btw) advised waiting a year post DC just as an FYI.

Thank you for the discover recommendation. They approved me, although with a rather small SL of $800. I'll have to go back and read how best to maximize CLI's. It's all coming together just a little slower than I had hoped. I'll open my NFCU secured card then in the garden I go until Christmas!
Message 7 of 8
redneck18
Contributor

Also Barclays pulled TU if anyone needs that info.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.