Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays updating months after discharge

tag
Elexismc
Valued Member

Re: Barclays updating months after discharge

Yes I'm noticing they have the credit builder loan (as suggested bankruptcy to 700 thread)available that doesn't require you to have the funds available up front as collateral(versus a secured savings loan) at a decent rate...I'll definitely be looking into this one for sure! I need a way to build credit and one small limit credit card is simply not going to do it. I didn't reaffirm anything so I'm not getting any positive payments reporting on my mortgage or car.

Message 11 of 15
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Any credit card is going to help you out - so long as you don't let it report maxed out.

Again, as many of us state. Don't chase the score. Focus on building a robust credit profile and the score sill follow.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 12 of 15
Elexismc
Valued Member

Oh for sure, that's why I'm looking into other options now, as I'm seeing no results otherwise. I just want to get to where I used to be(or at least close!). I did notice that for DCU, I do not fall under any of their categories for an eligible membership...I can get into NASA if I get the free NSS membership(from what I understand)...I am going to look closer at a few of the more local ones before taking the Nasa plunge

Message 13 of 15
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I didn't remember if DCU had requirements but like you said, NASA is only a $5.00 donation on top of $5.00 savings requirement.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 14 of 15
Elexismc
Valued Member

Very true and worse case scenario, I have somewhere to start a savings account to build up a little nest egg until I qualify for some of their products!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.