Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before Bankruptcy Thread??

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Before Bankruptcy Thread??

@Anonymous wrote:
So sorry for the typos & grammer. I have to view & use the site through my phone & it's not rhe easiest to type on. Please bare with me. I thought I'd also add that My Mom opened a Sam's club card when she worked there years ago. She got a free membership outta the deal & was also able to give a family member a free membership to the store. For some weird reason the actual credit card she got from there has me linked to it. The only reason I know this is bcuz yrs ago I seen it on my credit & even though it showed as good credit I freaked that someone had a card out in my name & calles the co. They said I'm not an actual auth user but shows my name as well bcuz of the store membership my Mom got me. I believe this is the ONLY reason my score is even in the low 500s I think it would be much worse if that card didn't list me on it. Has anyone had to deal with this or a sumimular situation. So I have to list this when I file??

Welcome to myFICO!

So you aren't an authorized user OR a joint applicant? How is it listed on your reports? Very odd.. It sounds like you are an AU and IF you are, do not include this on your BK. It is not your debt..

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again for all the advice! It definitely has given me a place to "start" so I'm not totally cluless! I agree it's very off. The csr could have been wrong but when I asked if I was an au on the account she said no & therefore couldn't give me any information on the account nor send me a card (I orginally asked for a card or copy of any account info before we had put 2 & 2 together that this was my Mom's account) I'll def include this info when I talk to the attorney. It's so odd how excited I am to gwt this started, for so long I felt like I had no light at the end of my tunnel!
Message 12 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

If you look at a full credit report it should say what your interest is. I would check to see if it says, authorized user. Maybe you just arent authorized on the account to make changes? Just a thought

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll look into that thanks. Do any of you recommend a credit report website that is either cheap or free for getting all my credited info together?

Message 14 of 16
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

www.annualcreditreport.com

The only true scores will be on here though. But the above website works for a free credit report from all 3.

Also, www.creditkarma.com will let you pull your Equifax & TransUnion for free.

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 15 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Bruiser wrote:

www.annualcreditreport.com

The only true scores will be on here though. But the above website works for a free credit report from all 3.

Also, www.creditkarma.com will let you pull your Equifax & TransUnion for free.

Yes, but make sure you don't use the Credit Karma scores at all.....they are Vantage 3.0 scores and not FICO scores.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.