Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big jump in credit score AFTER BK????

tag
krissy343
New Visitor

Big jump in credit score AFTER BK????

Hi!  I filed for BK this year and was discharged in August.  When I was first discharged, my credit score was right around a 570.  I just checked it on TrueCredit for the first time in 84 days and it's showing as  a 642 now! I'm ecstatic that it jumped that high that quickly, but I'm not sure why.  I do have 8 student loans that are reporting though I haven't even started paying on them since I'm still in school.  Is that why it's jumped so quickly and can I assume it's going to continue that way?  Another question, since it's jumped so much do you guys know if theres a chance I can take out a small loan from a credit union to boost it even more?  Thanks!  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Big jump in credit score AFTER BK????

the only factor i know for a fact that student loans make is a positive tradeline (assuming they are positive) and to aaoa. as far as the loan you could go that route or apply for capitol one secured or unsecured, i did not care about inquiries at first so i tried unsecured at first,

Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Big jump in credit score AFTER BK????

Welcome to the forum. Your SLs are giving you a credit boost but keep in mind without any rev cc some lenders will be hesitant to approve. You could try one or two secured cards and perhaps Cap 1. Also, the TrueCredit score is a FAKO and although there's more to approval than a score, it's best to know your FICO score too.

Secured cards that you might be interested in are SDFCU, Cap 1 and you could try your local cu . Since you already gave installment loans reporting, you want to add a cc to round out your profile.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.