Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bk & Collections question with disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bk & Collections question with disputes

I have a BK dc'd 6/2006
My questions is this....I have co's on my cr that were incl'd in BK.
How can I get them redone on my cr? I've disputed them as incorrect but they have came back ver'fd.
I want to get my CR straight before I apply for a mort. loan later this year.
I have 0 lates and no baddies on my CR since 6/2006 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LADYBUG7788
Valued Member

Re: Bk & Collections question with disputes

i also went through this. this is what i did i disputed this with the cra as ---IIB -- 0 bal- if the cc was in
lates and charge off before filing bk then legally they can report this but if they reported this after the filing date then thats a no no because negative reporting on a discharge debt is a violation of the permanent injunction of your discharge----so i disputed everything from bal-to dates--to everything till it came off i guess they were sick of hearing from me-----remember section 607(b) of the fcra requires credit bureaus to follow reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accurancy of the info concerning the individual about whom the report relates

if you have a hard time with them just mention section 607(b) of the fcra
      sometimes all they need is a little reminder i  would use this as a last resort

GOOD LUCK
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bk & Collections question with disputes

Dear everyone, I filed bankrup in 2003 . I was told that a bankrup is on your credit report forever, then i was told it was on it for 10 years. Shortly after my filing my wife filed for divorse and even though we re affirmed on our mortgage and equity loan and the papers were filed with the court, our bank never sent papers to us to reaffirm these loans.We thought everything was fine. The bank sent us payment slips. We never missed a payment on either one .But two things happen. Even though we kept making all our payments on time and the bank sent us payments slips, on our equity loan, even though I made the payments, they said that the payments I made weren't enough and that i fell behind by $3,000.00. Also, even though I am paying off on the principle, I am not building any useable credit line as I pay down on the loan. On our mortgage, it has now been sold to another mortgage company and  we were making payment electronicly. Then around the end of January of this year everything changed. Payment slips weren't sent out, we can no longer make payments electronicly, we have to call them every month to get them to sent us a payment slip.We then tried to re-fiance both loans or even combine them but we aren't having any luck. Loan to value is killing us. Also I have found numberous things wrong with our credit report and have sent all three reporting companies disputes letters. But on the bright side my ex and I have  gotten back together and remarried. Now we are fighting the mortgage company, the credit reporting companies and the equity loan company.     
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.