Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blown away!!

tag
mtnblu116
Established Member

Blown away!!

My ch7 was discharged on 1/8/16. I burned everyone, and CapOne for 1k so I figured that was a long shot. I applied for CreditOne (not thrilled I applied) and was approved for $400, then I tried my CU and was actually approved for a $500 CC and 1000 Secured Savings Loan. I kept checking CapOnes prequal site and I never get any matches so on the 15th I decided to hard app, I immediately got a 7-10 day notice then an email saying I was denied because of prior obligations or something like that. I felt disappointed but figured ok, I'll check every month till maybe they take me back. Soooooooo tonight i got an email from CapOne saying I was approved for the Platinum Card with a $3k limit. I'm still stunned....I've re-read that email like 10 times, kept thinking it was a mistake. It's been literally 13 days post discharge. I did have positive accounts that I paid off and closed prior to discharge. My FICO (8) scores are still aweful,, EQ 556  TU 499 EX 580 (CU told me they pulled EX and it was 615, not sure which model) I'm really hoping this is my chance to get my scores up. Should I just cancel the CreditOne when it comes, is that possible? TIA

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blown away!!

Congrats
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome, congrats!!!

Message 3 of 6
mtnblu116
Established Member

Thank you! Congrats to you as well !! I definitely will shoot for the Venture in a few months. I'm thinking I should not activate the Credit One card and call and cancel, any thoughts everyone?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well congrats! I would wait until the 3k card is in my hands and yes then cancel that Credit One 😏 Don't pay for a line of credit if you don't have too! Welcome to the road of recovery
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I would cancel credit one! Not worth it if u get the cap 1 card in hand with that kind of credit line.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.