Valued Member
In-A-Limbo

BofA keeps reporting Co every month after bankruptcy discharged.

I noticed that BofA keeps reporting Co every month after bankruptcy discharged. My Bk was discharged in August of 2010 but BofA continued to report CO on my accounts up until December of 2011. I disputed thsi with Equifax and everytime I was told the info is correct. Also, I noticed that as soon as I dispute something with Equifax they lower my score. Is that normal?

Frequent Contributor
shols44

Re: BofA keeps reporting Co every month after bankruptcy discharged.

Have you tried contacting BOA via mail, CMMR requesting that they correct eroneous information they are reporting to your credit file and delete immediately. "By law, they are required to report accurate information". Mention, you will be filing a complaint with the AG of your state immediately etc. 

If thr CRA keeps telling you the information is verified and correct, request a MOV if you like I think above is effective and guaranteed to produce results if information is indeed inaccurate. 

Goodluck. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 706 EQ,TU 689,EX 686
Goal Score: 720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}