cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burned Saks Fifth Avenue Card will i be banned from Capital One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burned Saks Fifth Avenue Card will i be banned from Capital One?

Long story short I am terrified of not getting approved for a CC after my DC. I hear Cap1 is Bk friendly. I Never had a Cap1 card but i did have a saks card that is with cap1  and I am burning them for close to $33k will they never let me back in? My dc is only in july but I am so streesed with rebuilding already. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Burned Saks Fifth Avenue Card will i be banned from Capital One?

Cap 1 is said to be  forgiving after bk even if they were burned.   Read the post of post bk friendly cards.   Just move slowly and take your time. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Burned Saks Fifth Avenue Card will i be banned from Capital One?

Agreed. I waited a year after being discharged from Chapter 7 and was approved immediately upon app'ing for a secured Cap 1 Platinum. Make a plan for rebuilding your credit over time, stick to it and read everything in this subforum and Rebuilding Your Credit that's relevant to your situation. I'm now 28 months out from having been discharged and have three unsecured cards (including a big score last month with Discover It) plus the aforementioned secured plus a used-car loan from Penfed, and am now in a gardening phase preparatory to trying for a couple more cards in the fall. Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.