Established Member
chevy22

CA Playing Games?

I had a 2 bank accounts with the same bank about 4 yrs ago. Bank account #1 overdrew in amount of $212. I didnt pay it then they took it from account #2 without any warning. As a result, account #2 overdrew in amount of $484. I never paid it and of course it went to collections. I received a letter from CA#1 in 9/2008 for the amount of $484. We agree on terms of 3 payments of $161.33. I make all payments as agreed upon. I check my CR this past week to see that they are on my EQ & TU. They mark my CR paid with balance of $0. The kicker is the original amount owed is listed as $210, not $484. DOLP as 8/2009 not 1/2009, when my actual last payment was. And, they say date assigned is 11/2008 not the actual 9/2008 that their first collection letter was sent. My TU says account paid in full & my last payment as 1/2009. Account type is still showing open, I am not sure if it should say closed. Then CA#2, which I have never heard of nor been contacted by, is also on my TU with date placed for collection is 6/2012, this so called debt would be 4+ yrs old now, & the original amount owed is $161, status is in collection.

Now how can CA#2 even claim that I owe when the 1st overdraw was paid thru account #2, & CA#1 says I paid in full. If this were legit the debt would be over 4+ years. What should I do about this? It is due off in my CR in 2015.
Established Member
chevy22

Re: CA Playing Games?

Oops cellphone clicked on wrong forum. I will repost in Rebuilding Credit. So sorry!
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: CA Playing Games?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+