Regular Contributor
ficorenavator

CC ACCOUNTS INCLUDED IN 2009 CH 7 BANKRUPTCY

Hi, I have 2 CC accounts that were included in my 2009 bankruptcy with Capital One. Both accounts are showing on my Equifax CR as opened back in 2006.  When should these items fall off my credit report or can I send GW letters asking for deletion of the 2 items?

Valued Contributor
0REDSOX7

Re: CC ACCOUNTS INCLUDED IN 2009 CH 7 BANKRUPTCY

When was the DoFD?

Assuming it was 2009 (your filing), then seven years plus 180 days - so sometime in 2016...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Regular Contributor
ficorenavator

Thanks for info!  Is there somewhere on the boards or a link that I can search regarding how long accounts are to remain on the CR along with how long BK's are supposed to remain on your CR's?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-long-does-negative-information-stay-credit-report.html

Try the link above and try the search button at the top of the thread on the right.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}