cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Payments & Car Note currnet until 341 Meeting??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC Payments & Car Note currnet until 341 Meeting??

I am new the board, I am filing ch 7 and my 341 meeting is not until April 7th, I several old collections/charge offs from 2002-2005. I have a curent car ntoe and 2 current Visa Payments. Should I continue to pay them on time until the 341 meeting? thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: CC Payments & Car Note currnet until 341 Meeting??

Yes, keep paying them on time. It sounds like you are not including them in the bankruptcy or are you? Do not use your credit cards until after the 341 meeting is done & over with.
Message 2 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

are you discharging the visa debts in your bk?  If so, don't pay those.  But definitely pay on the car if you intend to keep it.
Message 3 of 6
rizeninme
New Contributor

When we filed for BK our atty advised us to stop paying all our bills with the exception of the one car payment that we were keeping- that was sure nice to hear! But, the time frame was pretty short- I think we hired him at the end June and filed the next week, and were in court for the final time in August, so from start to finish it was about seven weeks.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not keeping the car I owe more on it than its worth. I got it becasue I was desperate for transportation and they charged me a 24% interest rate. My atty advised me to pay on the car donte-affirm and give it back and get one with a better interest rate. He said to keep upthe payements until afte the 341 meeting. Is anyone else familiar with this? Rgarding my credit cards I owe aboyt 300 on the both of them if I pay the balance down to 0 do I have to include it them chapter 7. There is one I want to keep. Would paying down the balance boost my fico? Is it wise to attempt to boost my fico befor efiling chapter 7 that way my after bankruptyc fico will be a few points higher or does it matter? i rellay appreciate the help of all who have applied to my post. Thanks
Message 5 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

I wouldn't be worrying about your credit score if you are filing BK.  I think although I am not a lawyer that if you are filing right away, or have filed, and are giving the car back, why throw money down a rat hole? It is wasted money as far as I am concerned.  They will file a motion to lift the stay and then will repo the car.  Have other transportation lined up.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.