Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC acct. on report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC acct. on report

In 1999 filed BK - Sears fights BK and sends a rep. to court so Sears acct's are not part of BK. I agreed in BK court to make payments to Sears. The account was paid off in March, 2001. But it is listed under Accounts on my credit report: Sears/Cbsd Acct # not on record Date opened: 6/1990 Balance: 0 Status: OK Paid Late: No Does this part of the report show or accessable when credit check is done: Descriptions: *Paid account/zero balance *Account closed by credit grantor First: is it there because it was connected to the BK? Second: FICO lower because of short credit history = 9 years although it says oldest account was opened 17 yrs. ago (FICO averages the years), the only CC I have opened since was in 2001 and is current. So the average is 9 years for my short (FICO) credit history. Apparently Sears showing on accts. is helping the average, but is it harmful stating account closed by credit grantor compared to length of credit history? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.