cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC changed to IIB and $0 balance before discharge...

tag
Karunch
Contributor

CC changed to IIB and $0 balance before discharge...

I just got notified by Scorewatch yesterday that Discover has updated my information to show that my account balance is $0 and that my account is Included In Bankruptcy (IIB).  My Chapter 7 was just filed on April 7th, and I have yet to even find out when I will have to go to the Federal Court for the meeting of creditors. 

How can Discover report that my account was IIB and that my balance is $0 if my bankruptcy has not been discharged as of yet? 

Maybe I just don't understand the process.  I didn't think that it would state that it is IIB and a $0 balance until after my BK was discharged by the judge.   
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: CC changed to IIB and $0 balance before discharge...

that is typical reporting.  Very few chapter 7's don't go through ( unless you were hiding assets or something.)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC changed to IIB and $0 balance before discharge...

I am sure the reporting would change if your bk got dismissed and not discharged.   But that is normal and actually how you want it reported.  IIB, with $0 Balance.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.