cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC that is not showing up as included in my BK

tag
Starlette

CC that is not showing up as included in my BK

Hello all. I have a Chase CC that I'm pretty sure was included in my BK, but doesn't show that on my credit reports.  It is showing Purchased by another lender or Charged off account.  It's also showing many late pays when my attorney told me to stop paying everything.  What can I do about this?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Starlette

Re: CC that is not showing up as included in my BK

Can anybody help?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Chase and ask for the department who reports to the CRA, and let them know your account was IIB, and to please update your credit file.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

And let Chase know they're violating the Bankruptcy law on a discharge debt, by reporting anything other than IIB on your credit file.
Message 4 of 12
Starlette

Thank you so much for the help!

Message 5 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Starlette wrote:

Hello all. I have a Chase CC that I'm pretty sure was included in my BK, but doesn't show that on my credit reports.  It is showing Purchased by another lender or Charged off account.  It's also showing many late pays when my attorney told me to stop paying everything.  What can I do about this?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Was the account sold or charged off prior to filing BK?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something similiar with my Chapter 13. I had an "official"  list of credit cards included and I sent it to the credit bureaus. All of them updated right away. 

Message 7 of 12
krielly
Established Contributor

Just a quick add to what others have said. Any late payments reported prior to the date you filed are accurate and permissable. Often times attorneys advise their clients to stop making payments as they are getting ready to file, however the BK protection doesn't kick in until you actually file.

If you had some late pays prior to your filing date, they will remain, however they cannot report late pays after the date of your filing.

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 8 of 12
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

If your account was sold/charged off before your filing, they are not required to update anything as it is valid reporting.

If you obtained a 30 day late prior to filing, the lender is allowed to continue the cadence of 60/90/120/CO on the payment history if they so chose.

All payment history prior to filing is valid and should not be removed.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 9 of 12
Starlette

I'm actually not sure...  How would I find that out? 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.