Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT not so accurate!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT not so accurate!!

Hello all!

From reading the boards here, I found many suggesting to have your scores pulled from Credit Check Total. I signed up for it this morning and found their reports totally off. It's odd that so many who post here suggest that CK scores should not be trusted, but my reports on CK are all updated correctly. The only score that is the same is Experian, as I compared directly from the Experian site. I'm stating this to say that specific sites should be suggested with the YMMV disclaimer as well. Sure, it's only $1 but we need a true picture of our situations coming out of BK and CCT shouldn't be promoted as the holy grail for credit scores. If anyone can explain why there would be such a lag in CCT's information vs other sites, please help.

Right now, the best option I see is to Pay the fee & Go directly to the source!

CH 7 Filed 6/7/17

DC'd - 9/14/17

CCT  (Trans) 490    (Equ) 535         (Exp) 579

CK    (Trans)  659   (Equ) 662  

Credit Wise  (Trans)- 659

Experian- 579

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: CCT not so accurate!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!

From reading the boards here, I found many suggesting to have your scores pulled from Credit Check Total. I signed up for it this morning and found their reports totally off. It's odd that so many who post here suggest that CK scores should not be trusted, but my reports on CK are all updated correctly. The only score that is the same is Experian, as I compared directly from the Experian site. I'm stating this to say that specific sites should be suggested with the YMMV disclaimer as well. Sure, it's only $1 but we need a true picture of our situations coming out of BK and CCT shouldn't be promoted as the holy grail for credit scores. If anyone can explain why there would be such a lag in CCT's information vs other sites, please help.

Right now, the best option I see is to Pay the fee & Go directly to the source!

CH 7 Filed 6/7/17

DC'd - 9/14/17

CCT  (Trans) 490    (Equ) 535         (Exp) 579

CK    (Trans)  659   (Equ) 662  

Credit Wise  (Trans)- 659

Experian- 579

I'm not one who recommends Credit Check Total (CCT). Yeah, great deal for all 3 Fico scores for a buck, but with the Equifax data breach & so many folks calling in to freeze or other questions you'll be on hold for at least 45 minutes to cancel and avoid the outrageous $29.95/mo. fee.

But the key here is that CCT - and Experian - art FICO scores, the score the vast majority of lenders use to make lending decisions. Credit Karma and Credit Wise are Vantage scores, which can be useful for free scores in seeing improvement in your credit profile, but almost no lender will ever use in deciding to extend you credit.

That's why your CCT scores don't match the CK & Cap One scores. But CCT scores are accurate.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then why are my reports for CCT inaccurate? The information from my bk is not updated so I don't understand why I should trust a score based on that information.
Message 3 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Then why are my reports for CCT inaccurate? The information from my bk is not updated so I don't understand why I should trust a score based on that information.

You didn't mention that. Is your BK info updated on your report from Experian? What BK info is missing on the CCT reports? All your reports should have the date of your discharge, all accounts included in BK showing $0 balance with a note "Included in Ch.7 BK".

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

All if my accounts are not updated on CCT (especially Transunion) I have already disputed information with the CRAs. The info provided on CK is updated correctly. Experian is not reporting a couple of accts as IIB which I will have to dispute again. I was just confused by the differences when I know what I've cleared up already.
Message 5 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
All if my accounts are not updated on CCT (especially Transunion) I have already disputed information with the CRAs. The info provided on CK is updated correctly. Experian is not reporting a couple of accts as IIB which I will have to dispute again. I was just confused by the differences when I know what I've cleared up already.

Do you have any of your credit reports frozen or locked? If so then CCT may not be able to pull current info. If all your credit reports are not frozen or locked then they should all be the same as they pull the same info. Scores are different dpending on ifg they use Fico or Vantage score methods, but the individual credit accounts shoul;d all report the same - closed/open, credit limit, etc. I have Credit Karma and services directly from TU, EQ & EX and the credit accounts all report the same info, just different scores.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Nothing's frozen. Seems I've provided your mystery for the day, Dave lol. I would expect to see the difference in scores, but the reports are what's bothering me about CCT. I only posted this because the site was so highly recommended here. If this site has a daily update, I guess I could wait a few days before canceling to see if anything changes. It's just weird...

Message 7 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

These are all credit monitoring services and have their own formats for how they display information.  Have you pulled your reports from annualcreditreport.com?  What specifically is different on CCT vs CK?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not pulled from annual report yet, because I'm not due for a freebie until next month, I have disputed somethings with Equifax in the last 2 weeks that have been updated on CK. None of my TU accounts are marked IIB on CCT which explains why its the lowest score for that site. I have opened a card with Cap 1 since my discharge and I wanted to see what happens to my score when it posts. It hasn't shown on any report yet, so I'll just wait until I can get the free report to check for a change.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT provides Fico scores, which most lenders use. Credit Karma and Credit Wise provide what we call 'fakos' score because most lenders don't use them. They are good for a monitoring service to keep informed of changes to your credit, but there scores are basically useless.

If your reports are showing different info on CCT than Credit Wise and Credit Karma, you need to get a paper copy of your report to find out exactly who's correct.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.