Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH 13 question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CH 13 question

I am wondering if I can get this error on my report changed, will it affect my score?

Chapter 13 BK filed 09/2001 - Dismissed the next month - 10/2001
It is showing that it was not Dismissed until 09/2005 ( the date it would not have been finished until had I followed through with it )
I have dipsuted this multiple times, and they respond with; "A bankruptcy will report for up to 10 years"
Obviously they are not understanding my simply and clearly stated dipsute. Shocker huh!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: CH 13 question

A dismissed chapter 13 bankruptcy stays on the report for 10 years from the filing date. So it wall be falling off your credit reports from all three bureaus on September 2011. The other dates in 2007 are the dates the crredit bureaus verified and updated the report. So you have 3 years 9 months to go. As the chapter 13 or what is referred as a wage earner plan is called the negative impact on the score will be less. There is one very important hing you have to absolutely do!!!!! NEVER be late after a bankruptcy filing. Not even one time. It will devestate your score. You also want to have at least 1 major credit card.

I have a discharged chapter 13 bankruptcy. I have never been late since then and I still have 2 yrs 4 months before it is dleted fom my report. I have 2 visa cards, 2 lines of credit, & I am on my second installment (personal) loan.  So becaue I have doen soemthing about my credit my Experian score a year ago was 726.

Go to this site & click on get started for the fico score estimator to see were you may stand. Be honest & truthful in your answers.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and that link. That score simulator was dead on!
Message 3 of 4
octavia
Regular Contributor

CreditBob,

Thanks for that link to the Fico Score Similator.  It said that my scores are 710-760.

SW says my EQ score is 682.  I have no idea what my TU and EX Ficos are.

From your experience, which product would you recommend to me to get all 3 Fico scores?

TIA.

Octavia.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.