tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: CH 7 Bankruptcy Plan. Post Discharge

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:
I'm mobile so I can't see your signature. Have you updated your scores? I received my Discover card with a cold app about 8 months after discharge. You may have luck with them even without the prequal. I would stay away from Credit One.

Hello my Friend and thanks again for the response. 

As of last month's score check my scores are:

EX: 619

TU: 604

EQ: 608

Cap 1 is still my only reporting card. (headed into the 4th month)

My car loan and student loan are my other loans reporting. 

Really want discover but still think I may be too low score wise and would hate the HP and Denial. 

Can I ask how many hard pulls you have on your EQ report? In most cases one HP is not a big deal Smiley Happy

Thanks! Idk why I am so afraid of them. Lol. 

I only have 1. Which is capital one I just got approved for 3 months ago. 

Oh goody, I get to be the peer pressure! If you really want a Discover card I don't see the harm is risking one hard pull to find out. You have one now, and will have 2 after. Two HP's is nothing to worry about Smiley Happy Let us know what you end up doing?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 51 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I get my 3 scores again? It has been about 4 months since I got them from creditchecktotal. Could I use that again? I want to update this post and my sig but want to get my scores first. 

Message 52 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:
I'm mobile so I can't see your signature. Have you updated your scores? I received my Discover card with a cold app about 8 months after discharge. You may have luck with them even without the prequal. I would stay away from Credit One.

Hello my Friend and thanks again for the response. 

As of last month's score check my scores are:

EX: 619

TU: 604

EQ: 608

Cap 1 is still my only reporting card. (headed into the 4th month)

My car loan and student loan are my other loans reporting. 

Really want discover but still think I may be too low score wise and would hate the HP and Denial. 

Can I ask how many hard pulls you have on your EQ report? In most cases one HP is not a big deal Smiley Happy

Thanks! Idk why I am so afraid of them. Lol. 

I only have 1. Which is capital one I just got approved for 3 months ago. 

Oh goody, I get to be the peer pressure! If you really want a Discover card I don't see the harm is risking one hard pull to find out. You have one now, and will have 2 after. Two HP's is nothing to worry about Smiley Happy Let us know what you end up doing?

FInally applied for the Discover IT Card tonight. 

BOOM Approved. 1500 Staring Limit. 11 months post BK. 

I still do not know my FICO scores as I have to get them from somewhere. But super excited now.

Capital One Platinum 1k Limit (6 months now)

Discover IT 1500 Limit just approved. 

Message 53 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Question. 

Now that I have 2 cards I want to make sure I am correct. Am I supposed to use both cards or have one at 0 when it reports on statement date. 

Is the goal to keep your TOTAL card usage under 10%? Or each card??/ or Should I just let each card report under 10% on the statement date? 

Just want to make sure I am doing things right now with a new card. Thanks for the help!! 

Message 54 of 58
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick Question. 

Now that I have 2 cards I want to make sure I am correct. Am I supposed to use both cards or have one at 0 when it reports on statement date. 

Is the goal to keep your TOTAL card usage under 10%? Or each card??/ or Should I just let each card report under 10% on the statement date? 

Just want to make sure I am doing things right now with a new card. Thanks for the help!! 

This really depends on what your goals are in the near future. To maximize FICO you want one card to report less than 10% util while all others report 0%. You can use your cards as much as you want, just need to make sure the balance is where you want it on statement date. Remember that any points lost for utilization being off a bit is just temporary.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 55 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick Question. 

This really depends on what your goals are in the near future. To maximize FICO you want one card to report less than 10% util while all others report 0%. You can use your cards as much as you want, just need to make sure the balance is where you want it on statement date. Remember that any points lost for utilization being off a bit is just temporary.

Thanks as always for the help. 

And for that little push of confidence to apply for discover! 

Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a while since I posted here. Had a new baby boy and he has been keeping me pretty busy lately. 

Just wanted to update my profile a little bit. I now have 3 cards. 

Capital One QS "entry" card which was my first card. Limit is 1,500. 

Captial One QS (applied for this six months after) Limite is 10,000

Discover IT starting limit was 1,500 and after six months it was 2,000. (going on 9 months now)

I pay the Full balance each month on each card and only let around 5-7% report. 

Also. 

New Car loan I pay every month on time. 

Holiday Loan from my local CU for 1,000 that I pay 44$ a month on. 

Federal Student Loans (very high) but I pay 65$ a month on-time every month. 

I am tempted to hit the LUV button on my Discover IT but wondering if it would be a Hard Pull. 

I now have a new car loan also reporting. I paid my old car off and had to get a new one due to the age of my previous car. 

I have the Discover credit check app and it shows my FICO 8 score as 658 (confusing to me)

Credit Wise with Capital One shows my TU score at 715. Up over 100 points from my Bankruptcy a year ago. 

Creditcheck total scores are as followed

FICO 8: 658

TU: 651

EQ:685

Why are all the scores different?

Still trying to build but I think it is time to garden a while and just see what happens? Any suggestions. 

Message 57 of 58
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Discover is a soft pull for CLIs unless they ask to HP and you allow it. 

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.