Did you mean: 

COLLECTIONS THAT WERE INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY STILL SHOWING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

COLLECTIONS THAT WERE INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY STILL SHOWING

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions:

Can a collections account still show on a credit file even if the amount, creditor and collections agency were included in a bankruptcy?

Doesn't the collection account fall under the Bankruptcy?

What steps should be taken to remove collection accounts that were under the Bankruptcy?

Thank you to all for your responses

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: COLLECTIONS THAT WERE INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY STILL SHOWING

Hi Repair,

REPAIRCREDIT2 wrote:

Can a collections account still show on a credit file even if the amount, creditor and collections agency were included in a bankruptcy?

Doesn't the collection account fall under the Bankruptcy?

What steps should be taken to remove collection accounts that were under the Bankruptcy?

Thank you to all for your responses

My understanding is that the collections account, like other accounts IIB, will continue to report on your credit report.  I believe the account will be recorded as "Included In Bankruptcy" and the amount will correctly show as $0.

Accounts reporting a balance, or attempting to collect a balance, after being included in a bankruptcy is illegal.  In that case, I would write a letter informing the OC or CA of the discrepancy.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.