Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's Visa - Seems to be BK friendly

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Cabela's Visa - Seems to be BK friendly

Was reading through the forum earlier this morning, and saw a thread that inspired me to apply for the Cabela's Visa card. There is a store within 20 minutes away from me, and I sometimes visit and check out the firearms and ammo deals. Anyways, I decided to apply online for the card, and to my suprprise, I was instantly approved. I continued my purchase and got in a great deal on free shipping and also $20 off on my first purchase. Unfortunately, they don't tell you the limit, so I decided to call in. $1000 SL, which is not too bad considering that I am 2 months discharged, and early stages of rebuilding. 

I am not sure of which CR they pulled. My EX FICO from Credit Check Total sits at 593 as of today. Recent new accounts has dropped my score. I kinda regret taking on the Matrix and Surge cards now, but don't know if I could've have qualied for the Merrick Visa (was approved just a couple of weeks ago) and now the new Cabela's Visa. Anyways, I am done with applying for new credit. Need to slow my roll with the new accounts, and let everything age a bit. Actually, I called Cap One about a week ago and asked for a recon, so that is pending, but other than that, no more apping! Smiley Tongue

Special thanks to SacTownGuy, his thread was the one I saw this morning regarding a possible CLI with Cabela's at the 6 month mark.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cabela's Visa - Seems to be BK friendly

Thank you for letting us know and CONGRATS!!!!
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

Thanks! And yeah, figured it will help BK folks in rebuilding phase.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Barclays is also BK friendly.
Message 4 of 10
wissam
Contributor

Congrats .. 

they pull equifax and they are sensetive for numbers of inq and debt to income .. 

Message 5 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I was going to wait either 6 months or even a year before I tried Barclays. I did burn them in my BK. Don't think they will approve me so soon after discharge.

Message 6 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I was going to wait either 6 months or even a year before I tried Barclays. I did burn them in my BK. Don't think they will approve me so soon after discharge.

1 year is safer if you burned them. Congrats on the approval!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

Thanks Scupra!

I am finding it kinda funny now that I found out Cabela's is being sold. Looks like Bass Pro Shops is taking over, and Cabela's Visa is being sold to another bank. Would be interesting on what potentially big bank is taking over the CC portfolio, and what backdoor it might provide. 

Message 8 of 10
daveg38
Established Contributor

My scores pretty much mirrored yours when you got approved for Cabelas. They just straight up shot me down, claimed there was no recon available. Scores at application: 598, 595, 589. So it must be YMMV.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 9 of 10
dan12909

This card is very BK friendly due to me being 2 weeks out of a DC and Approved with a 600 EQ score

Fico's post chpt 7 DC EX: 523, EQ: 593, TU: 532 6/29/16
Current: EQ: 659 TU: 634 EX 666
Goal in two years 700 club again
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.