Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IIB return?

tag
Fordstacie
Established Member

Can IIB return?

I got a copy of my equifax in the mail today they included my tax lien in bankruptcy, should I worry about it reappearing as a derog later? Can they change the status removing it from BK on my CR?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can IIB return?

I do not have an answer, I would like an answer to the same question. I have an open collection account that happened a few weeks after I filed BK and it is listed as IIB, although it is not. I want to know if they can change it later or not. The debt occurred the same month as I filed, but after the filing date, so it was not included, however, I disputed it as IIB and 2 CRA's zero'd the balance and made the status IIB, while Exp (JERKS! LOL) did not. 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 2 of 5
starry1
Valued Contributor

It can re-appear.  However, it is pretty easy to be disputed back off.  1)  The CRAs are required by law (sorry, I can't tell you exactly which law) to notify you when deropgatory information is being reinserted after a deletion within 5 days.  They never do that.  2)  Since the information was IIB in the first place, it's very dicey for them to reinsert BK info.  A simple dispute saying "reinsertion without notification post-BK" should be enough to have it deleted permanently.  I did that with a CA account after I filed for BK and it was gone within a week.  I'm not positive it will work for a government lien, but it is probably worth a shot though.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 3 of 5
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

If it's an IRS lein, file form 12277.  That will get it removed forever.

Cheers,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 4 of 5
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

I do not have an answer, I would like an answer to the same question. I have an open collection account that happened a few weeks after I filed BK and it is listed as IIB, although it is not. I want to know if they can change it later or not. The debt occurred the same month as I filed, but after the filing date, so it was not included, however, I disputed it as IIB and 2 CRA's zero'd the balance and made the status IIB, while Exp (JERKS! LOL) did not. 

All debts are included in BK.  Assuming* the collectable debt was incurred prior to the BK, so is the collection related to it.  EXP needs to see a copy non-asset 7 discharge, or that the original debt was IIB on the schedules. Or get an FCRA attorney.

-SM

*Going on "a few weeks" here.  The debt was delinquent before it went to collections.

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.