cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a bk'd account be transfered/sold? Wells Fargo is killing me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a bk'd account be transfered/sold? Wells Fargo is killing me!

I had an auto loan with Wachovia which was included in BK without reaffirming in November of 2005.  I continued to make payments on the auto (a drive through) but right before I paid it off last year, Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia and created a new account for the loan which reported to all 3 CRAs as IIB.  On EQ the Wachovia account shows  Activity Description: Transfer/Sold. 

I thought after discharge, a BK account  should be closed on the credit reports  with nothing else about it legally allowed to be reported to the credit bureaus after discharge(even if you still make payments).  Is this right?  If so, how can an account be reported as Transfered/Sold years after discharge?   How can Wells Fargo report an account that didn't even exist when I filed for BK?  I now have 2 derogatory accounts for the same loan.  How do I dispute both accounts?  This is killing my scores!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
credit911
Contributor

Re: Can a bk'd account be transfered/sold? Wells Fargo is killing m

I would try and talk to the people at Wells Fargo first then if I get no results from that I would take it up with the credit bureaus.

It should be obvious to the credit bureaus that this is a new account and as such was not inlcuded in a BK from 6 years ago. I would definitely dispute that by sending in a copy of my discharge paper and possibly even a copy of the schedule listing the discharged debts.

That's what I would do. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.