cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a credit card creditor still sue you or get a judgement if you do not work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a credit card creditor still sue you or get a judgement if you do not work?

I have several cards in my name only. I am married. Can they still come after me for a judgement if I don't work? I live in California.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can a credit card creditor still sue you or get a judgement if you do not work?

Not sure what you're asking here. Is this a BK-related issue?

Are you saying that there are balances on your CC's that you made, and now can't pay for whatever reason, and can they get a judgment against you, even though you aren't employed?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can a credit card creditor still sue you or get a judgement if you do not work?

Yes, that is exactly the question I am asking. Thanks

Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, that is exactly the question I am asking. Thanks

Yes they can sue and get a judgement. They dont care if you working or not.

Check out the other board....Rebuilding your Credit......There is alot of talk about judgements on  that board.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several cards in my name only. I am married. Can they still come after me for a judgement if I don't work? I live in California.

Yes, they most certainly can. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.