cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't believe it has been two years...

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't believe it has been two years...

Agree it is a very nice place to be. Pre-qualified for a mortgage already - so, very happy with that.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! For those out there... There is hope...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
Agree it is a very nice place to be. Pre-qualified for a mortgage already - so, very happy with that.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! For those out there... There is hope...

Know how you feel! When I pre qualed for mortgage I was beyond excited.. I actually saved the email Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Today, February 11th, is the two year discharge date of my Ch. 7 No-Asset case.

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice and answering of my questions.  My current scores are 709, 717 and 704.  My wife's are slightly higher because she had fewer accts IIB than I did.

Combined, my wife and I are sitting at over 40K in available credit with all bills being PIF each month.  My score actually is higher when I let about 1K report to the CBs each month, then everything being zero.  We actually have a savings account with money in it, 529 plans for the kids and are both contributing to our 401K again.

Today, too, we are going to be applying for a new mortgage today.  Our current home was IIB, not reaffirmed, but we have been making payments on it and are about 18K in the positive - so we will be listing it within a month.

Just wanted to say to all of you struggling with this decision that there is life after BK.  I followed SoulMaster's plan as close as I could, outside of some minor changes to accommodate my situation, and it worked - and am in a better place now than I have ever been.

Congrats!  And thanks for sharing your story.  I will be 2 years out this July.  It seems as though, from what I've read on these forums, 2 years is a milestone of some sorts, in terms of scores increasing and the types of things you can qualify for again, PROVIDED you have been responsible since filing.

I filed CH 7 to get rid of a lot of CC debt that I had incurred when I lost my job back in 2008.   It took a long time for me to decide to finally file.  My husband did not want to file jointly, as most of the debts were mine, which also stalled the proces.  When I first was discharged I could have kicked myself for not doing so sooner and freeing myself from the headaches.  But of course, on the other hand, it isn't easy to bounce back initially and being so limited got frustrating, but I am definitely in a better place now, and things are only getting better.

Again - thanks for sharing your story!  Best of luck to you!!

Message 13 of 16
CWESTL
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!!! I certainly understand how you feel. Success and continued progress is sweet!!!!

Chapter 7 Discharge Aug 2013 (Removed 2022 & 2023)
Jan 2024 EQ FICO 8 840
Jan 2024 TU FICO 8 779
Jan 2024 EX FICO 8 788
Jan 2024 EQ FICO 9 824 AMEX Cash Magnet $26K; AMEX Platinum NPSL, POT $27.5K; Cap One QS World MC $11k; Cap One Venture Sign VS $30k; Chase Sapphire Pref $18K; Citi Simplicity $7K; NFCU AMEX Rwds $28k; NFCU VS Sign Cash Rwds $24.1k; NFCU Plat VS $19k; Wells Fargo Reflect $25K; Mercury (previously Barclay Rwds MC) $5750k; Lowes $35k; Neiman Marcus $44k; Discover It $11.5k; Discover It $19.5K; Venmo Visa Sign $20K; Barclaycard (AU) $25.5K; Discover (AU) $19.5k New Mortgage Jan 2016 & Nonreaffirmed Mortgage Refinance Nov 2020; HELOC @ 2.75% Apr 2022; New Auto July 2017; NFCU LOC $20K
GOAL 820 FICOs on ALL 3 CRs by JANUARY 2025.
AMEX Lowes Business $25K
AMEX Business LOC $25K
Chase Ink Business Unlimited $26.5K; US Bank Business Platinum $10K
Message 14 of 16
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!! Smiley Happy

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Awesome story! There IS life after bankruptcy! Good luck with your future plans!Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.