Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't believe it has been two years...

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Can't believe it has been two years...

Today, February 11th, is the two year discharge date of my Ch. 7 No-Asset case.

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice and answering of my questions.  My current scores are 709, 717 and 704.  My wife's are slightly higher because she had fewer accts IIB than I did.

Combined, my wife and I are sitting at over 40K in available credit with all bills being PIF each month.  My score actually is higher when I let about 1K report to the CBs each month, then everything being zero.  We actually have a savings account with money in it, 529 plans for the kids and are both contributing to our 401K again.

Today, too, we are going to be applying for a new mortgage today.  Our current home was IIB, not reaffirmed, but we have been making payments on it and are about 18K in the positive - so we will be listing it within a month.

Just wanted to say to all of you struggling with this decision that there is life after BK.  I followed SoulMaster's plan as close as I could, outside of some minor changes to accommodate my situation, and it worked - and am in a better place now than I have ever been.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't believe it has been two years...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story with us. It helps to see the success of others. Keep up the good work and good luck on the new house!

Message 2 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Two thumbs up..

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 3 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats on hitting two years! Your scores are in an awesome place and will help so much with the mortgage. Best of luck Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

What an achievement!  Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!!! Good luck with the upcoming new mortgage! Do let us know with the process as I will be applying for mortgage on or after my 2 year DC in June 2017! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 16
notpaul
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Strong work!!!
6/15 DC BK7, starting EQ FICO score 563

2/16 FICO EQ 661. TU 653, EX 660
Current CC Accounts: Capital One QS1 500; Overstock 1300; Care Credit 5000; Barclay Rewards MC 1300; JCPenney 3500; Amazon 3500; WalMart 3500; Target 500; PenFed Promise Visa 2000; PenFed CLOC 500; NFCU Flagship 12500; NFCU Platinum 8500; Credit One 1000.
Message 7 of 16
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Outstanding story and outstanding results !!    Congrats on finding yourself in a good place and for sticking to the plan. Smiley Wink

I'm 19 months post disch and right behind you. You're giving me and so many others in here a boost in confidence and the inspiration to keep moving onward and upward. Thanks for sharing.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats! Living proof that there's light after dark 

Message 9 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I'm thrilled for you. Others need to know that [in my opinion] that you buckled down and DID what you knew nneeded to be done. Others know what needs to be done ... but procrastinate while searching for "magic bullets". Congratulations and all the best to you and your family. Just like you, I too survived a ch7 bankruptcy ... but now I do not need any new credit and I have all kinds of credit being offered to me every day. It is a very nice place to be! Sweet.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.