cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get approved for anything it seems. (feeling stressed)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't get approved for anything it seems. (feeling stressed)

Wishing you the best of luck !! Things will get better.Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I was able to get a Credit union secured loan a few days after Disch.  2k for 18 months.  Reports to all 3 and its set up for auto pay.

As others have mentioned, get all 3 reports and start cleaning. You'll be okay and the patience will pay off for you. 3 months post disch and Im living proof of that.  I know its tough in the begining and Im just now feeling as if I can breathe, but it does come and you'll be proud of yourself as you make progress and get closer to where you want to be. You will begin to feel less stressed and feel as if you really do have some control over the mess.  Good luck to you.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 12 of 15
tallin32
Valued Member

I had the same thing happen to me with Capital One (denied on a soft pull trying to apply for their Quicksilver One card).  I had an account with them that was in good standing before a $34k medical bill for my son forced my wife and me to file for BK7.  Anyway, long story short, I talked to their applications department, who then talked to Recoveries.  Since the account was included in BK, they're resubmitting me for review (which ... might still mean I could be denied, but can report back either way if that would help).

Current cards:
  • Amex Gold (NPSL)

• Amex Gold (NPSL)

• Amex Platinum (NPSL)

• Amex Green (NPSL)

• Amex Platinum for Schwab (NPSL)

• Amex BCP ($10,000)

• Delta SkyMiles Reserve ($19,000)

• Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant ($10,000)

• Hilton Honors Aspire ($3,700)

• Amex Blue Business Plus ($15,000)

• Bill World Elite MC ($10,000)

• Citi Custom Cash ($4,000)

• Capital One World Elite Mastercard ($4,300)

• Mercury Mastercard ($3,650)

• Discover IT ($3,300)

• Apple Card ($5,750)

• NFCU Flagship Rewards ($11,000)

Message 13 of 15
danibaby89
Valued Member

Tallin32.. CAP 1 sent me a letter on friday stating I was denied due to too many past deliquencies with them. I am assuming that means I am blacklisted which sucks since  I was really looking forward to getting a CAP 1 card to help me rebuild. Please update once they contact you back I would like to know the outcome. Maybe I can try some butt kissing to get back in their good grace lol .

BK Chap 7 filed 6/27/14
341 Meeting 7/25/14
Discharged 9/30/14
Starting Score: 496
Current Score: 509 (Equifax)578 (Experian)
Goal Score: 700 ALL

Message 14 of 15
tallin32
Valued Member

Yep, that was precisely the letter they sent me.  I'd called Recoveries previously to ask them if, given that I'd had accounts that were discharged in a Chapter 7, they'd blacklisted me (they assured me this wasn't the case).

The next day, the letter arrived.  I'd called Application Services and explained the situation.  After about five minutes on hold, they told me that they'd been on the line with Recoveries and confirmed that, since the accounts were discharged, there was no real way I  COULD pay them back, even if I wanted to, as I was no longer responsible for them.  They forwarded the application on with a notation that they'd looked into the prior delinquent accounts, so ... we'll see what happens.  Word of God(TM) seems to indicate that just having had prior delinquent accounts (particularly if they were in good standing before the BK) isn't a barrier to reapplying with them.  I'll definitely report back (though your mileage may still vary).

Current cards:
  • Amex Gold (NPSL)

• Amex Gold (NPSL)

• Amex Platinum (NPSL)

• Amex Green (NPSL)

• Amex Platinum for Schwab (NPSL)

• Amex BCP ($10,000)

• Delta SkyMiles Reserve ($19,000)

• Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant ($10,000)

• Hilton Honors Aspire ($3,700)

• Amex Blue Business Plus ($15,000)

• Bill World Elite MC ($10,000)

• Citi Custom Cash ($4,000)

• Capital One World Elite Mastercard ($4,300)

• Mercury Mastercard ($3,650)

• Discover IT ($3,300)

• Apple Card ($5,750)

• NFCU Flagship Rewards ($11,000)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.